Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN preorders...

Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Just got my Lukilink that turns hdmi signal to USB stream so it can be viewed live on any android phone. I thought I mention it here since the video monitoring with Hydrogen is such a popular topic. $79 will get you that to any phone. Wired only, not wireless
    They actually delivered? I kickedstarted that forever ago and had given up on it.

Yes it did, in the mean time you can get one just like that on eBay for $50
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Walked around LA today, shooting some musicians with Monstro and Houdini, people around us were really impressed and inquisitive about the Stormtrooper/Monstro and I let them see playback on the monitor, it was like wow, cool, now granted it was not an 8k monitor, just my 5". Then I showed them the Houdini shot of the same thing and their eyeballs popped out of their heads. I have to say, I really disliked 3d theatrically, and on home screen, but in your hand on your cell it is a different story, it is very immersive and compelling. I believe that every RED shooter has to factor this into their future, when Hydrogen drops publicly, if you have 3d content from Hydrogen or better yet from RED cine cam(s), there is a vast potential audience waiting for your work.
    Last edited by scott devitte; 09-04-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott devitte View Post
    Walked around LA today, shooting some musicians with Monstro and Houdini, people around us were really impressed and inquisitive about the Stormtrooper/Monstro and I let them see playback on the monitor, it was like wow, cool, now granted it was not an 8k monitor, just my 5". Then I showed them the Houdini shot of the same thing and their eyeballs popped out of their heads. I have to say, I really disliked 3d theatrically, and on home screen, but in your hand on your cell it is a different story, it is very immersive and compelling. I believe that every RED shooter has to factor this into their future, when Hydrogen drops publicly, if you have 3d content from Hydrogen or better yet from RED cine cam(s), there is a vast potential audience waiting for your work.
    Scott, lucky you! :)
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I completely agree, I dislike 3D in theaters or on TV, but watching and capturing H4v on my Hydrogen is incredible.
    I can see many people enjoying cool 3D short clips on their phones

Sandisk has quietly updated it's Extreme Pro microSD line with a 400GB card and the previously announced Extreme Plus 400GB card should be widely available soon. Either one will be ideal for the phone, if you're looking to shoot a lot of stills and footage at the highest levels of quality. Also, don't forget that Samsung has portable SSDs that you can connect to your phone to off-load/backup your media files. Paired with a high-capacity microSD card, it's the perfect solution for anyone who wants to shoot as much as possible.

Just an FYI on these microSD cards... You want the latest Type 3+ or better. 100MB/s is *TOO SLOW* So don’t skimp on the SD card... That is all.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.