Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN hints...

Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
    Personally, I really wish the reviewers would lay off the "holographic" buzz word.
    It's overselling it and while it's definitely very nice, it's going to underwhelm anyone expecting a princess to pop up and say, "help us obi-wan..."

Quote Originally Posted by William Mauritzen View Post
    Personally, I really wish the reviewers would lay off the "holographic" buzz word.
    It's overselling it and while it's definitely very nice, it's going to underwhelm anyone expecting a princess to pop up and say, "help us obi-wan..."
    I agree …

I don't fully understand why LEIA grabbed the LEIA name in the first place... ["Lit by LEIA" no it's not it's lit by R2D2 !].

Difficult when you name your product after a character or movie star … Things happen. Carrie Fisher (unfortunately/fortunately depending on your out look is inextricable linked to that character). And having recently and tragically and unexpectedly passed.

In this case it's the LEIA layer that doing the special "lighting"...

Try saying that with posh English accent and slightly tipsy... (think Johnny Depp and Pirates of the Caribbean) "It's the Leia layer, LEIA layer... LEEEIA Layyyyyerrrrrr… Layer LEai layer layer LEIA layerrr layer … Ohh f*ck it you know hat I mean...".

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Howabout "Light field Depth screen"... it's NEW !

Or Lightfield Depth Display... LDD

Or glasses freeeeeee LDD... (Rhymes).

(see stuff above below and thru the screen).

LCD LDD fidlle de dee...

Back lit something a rather; it's on the LEIA web site …

https://www.leiainc.com/
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

BEAUTY lit by LEIA *

"Our Diffractive Lightfield Backlighting (DLB™) solution makes screens come to life in richer, deeper, more beautiful ways."

Powered by nanotechnology. (lit by Leia)…

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Personally; I think the LEIA guys understand their own product and it's capabilities.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

(Its really a sneak peek into your future and THE future :-) )

Be there or be flat! Or at least risk feeling dimensionally challenged!

Will this phone be available on the RED website after launch as an unlocked option for those of us not on att or verizon

Yes, unlocked units will be available from RED after launch.
    www.kfwright.com
    Epic-W PL and EF
    Teradek Bolt 600 HDMI/SDI (1 TX 2 RX)
    Sony CineAlta PL lens set: 20/25/35/50/85/135
    Hedge data management
    Foolcat and Foolcontrol user

@Eric Lange

I think "Diffractive 3D" would be the most honest description that would keep everyone on the same page and serve public awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by William Mauritzen View Post
    @Eric Lange

I think "Diffractive 3D" would be the most honest description that would keep everyone on the same page and serve public awareness.
    I kinda like that...

I'll ruminate /chew on that for a few weeks see if that hangs together / checks out.

If we have to integrate with future versions of these types of displays and roll out "turn key" systems we may have to sell the sh*t out of these types of displays so it's useful to have a description when talking to prospects/ clients that is unambiguous.

I'm a great believer in product differentiation rather than trying to munge various capabilities into the 'Pack" and just say "It is " or "We are" " better" just doesn't really work IMO in the market place.

Just wondering if there are top layer diffractive techniques rather than bottom layer back lit diffractive techniques... I'm kinda digging the "LEIA layer" idea / parlance. [Funny that someone from C-net (I think) called it the "laylu" or "LeeLa" … LOL like an attractive female character from Futurama that has only one giant eye (i.e. not capable of perceiving stereoscopic content). … Essentially cyclopean. Ahh he actually said Leyla (munged LEIA loft ) https://twitter.com/CNET/status/1007...816898/video/1

The key technical "Nut" that was cracked was the ability to switch from diffractive - 3d (trying it out) to perfect 2D.

@William M

On the other hand there is the H4V "Effect" look around -ish effect-ish. Four view diffractive 3d ?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

I think Jannard has real need to stress the uniqueness of the "Look around " effect. Probably more noticeable on larger "deeper' displays i.e. even tablet sized.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

Call it a "4V" screen. Instead of "holographic"

That has some of the equity of 4K, 3D, and resonates with the tech and the file name. It is intriguing and yet sounds somewhat familiar. It feels like I only need a little bit of clarity to gain a full understanding of it. So once you see it you say, "oh yeah, I saw it in 4V"
    Reuben Evans
    Executive Producer Faithlife TV/Faithlife Films
    http://FaithlifeTV.com

Helium Weapon
    4 Scarlet MX
    RED Rocket-X
    FCPX
    DaVinci Resolve
    Sigma Cine Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Evans View Post
    Call it a "4V" screen. Instead of "holographic"

That has some of the equity of 4K, 3D, and resonates with the tech and the file name. It is intriguing and yet sounds somewhat familiar. It feels like I only need a little bit of clarity to gain a full understanding of it. So once you see it you say, "oh yeah, I saw it in 4V"
    In the case of the HYDROGEN that seems pretty sound.

However the "other" future roll outs from LEIA will have larger screens that diverge from RED and HYDROGEN.

Also variants that are not 4V also... The core tech from LEIA can be "Cut" in a whole variety of ways.

Will be an interesting "Taxonomy" to nail down in a vaguely coherent way.

@Reuben E I agree once folks get to see it the "Language" falls away. So maybe we end up FedExing a lot 4V tablets... See that doesn't quite work as 4V can be the acquisition mode as well or the format for a file... Hmmmm

Switchable depth screen ? [Honestly that's probably one of the most unique features].

I wonder if this will turn into a XEROX or Kleenex type "handle" 4V screen. "It's not 3d it's 4V " ? "4D 3V / 3D_4V..." Trying to smoosh it all together into something more compact.

I feel like I don't want to down grade the technical achievement of collimated light field through diffractive techniques … Hmmmmmm ( stroking chin in deeper contemplation emoji).

Holographic effect comes from LEIA layer + H4V (i.e. look around-ish) effect.