Thread: Sororicide Music Video Shot on Scarlet-W and Lomo Anamorphic Lenses

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Sororicide Music Video Shot on Scarlet-W and Lomo Anamorphic Lenses 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    163
    Hey all,

    I directed a music video recently that just made its premiere on paper magazine... check it out if you can! We shot on the scarlet-w with LOMO anamorphic lenses. 35mm, 50mm, 75mm. One shot featuring a +2 Diopter. :) Enjoy.



    https://vimeo.com/254072008
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Shaeden Gallegos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    136
    Nice job Sir! Love how the story has a twist with the focus of the song. Nice cinematography as well.
    You don't have to see something to believe in it, but you have to believe in something to see it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    7
    Beautiful work!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaeden Gallegos View Post
    Nice job Sir! Love how the story has a twist with the focus of the song. Nice cinematography as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Aquino View Post
    Beautiful work!
    Thanks for checking out the video! :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tel Aviv/London
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Marcus Rosen View Post
    Hey all,

    I directed a music video recently that just made its premiere on paper magazine... check it out if you can! We shot on the scarlet-w with LOMO anamorphic lenses. 35mm, 50mm, 75mm. One shot featuring a +2 Diopter. :) Enjoy.



    https://vimeo.com/254072008
    Really liked the look! directing and Cinematography. Could you give some more info on what specific lenses you used? Did you rent? if so, from where?

    Thanks!
    Oron Cohen
    Scarlet-W
    www.oroncohen.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Oron Cohen View Post
    Really liked the look! directing and Cinematography. Could you give some more info on what specific lenses you used? Did you rent? if so, from where?

    Thanks!
    Hey thanks for the nice words. We rented the lomo glass from Lighthouse Films. Think their rental dept. is now called Focus Gear.

    35mm was the squarefront, 50 and 75 were round fronts. We had to do a good bit of Jimmy rigging the mattebox to accept the square front 35mm anamorphic lens. Donut and lots of gaffe tape were used. For the cigarette ECU shot in the beginning, the 75mm and a +2 diopter were used. Thanks again for your interest Oron!
    Last edited by Luke Marcus Rosen; 03-30-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn!
    Posts
    228
    It obviously looked great, but it was just a fantastic video all around. Great work.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Josh Birch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    175
    Cracking work, enjoyed all aspects of this. First shot is really nice!
    Cinematographer, London
    Dragon-X 6K

    www.joshbirchfilms.com
    Reel: https://vimeo.com/290364493
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    413
    Very nice but brutal story
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Marcus Rosen View Post
    Hey all,

    I directed a music video recently that just made its premiere on paper magazine... check it out if you can! We shot on the scarlet-w with LOMO anamorphic lenses. 35mm, 50mm, 75mm. One shot featuring a +2 Diopter. :) Enjoy.



    https://vimeo.com/254072008
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tel Aviv/London
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Marcus Rosen View Post
    Hey thanks for the nice words. We rented the lomo glass from Lighthouse Films. Think their rental dept. is now called Focus Gear.

    35mm was the squarefront, 50 and 75 were round fronts. We had to do a good bit of Jimmy rigging the mattebox to accept the square front 35mm anamorphic lens. Donut and lots of gaffe tape were used. For the cigarette ECU shot in the beginning, the 75mm and a +2 diopter were used. Thanks again for your interest Oron!
    Thanks for info! the days of more cost effective anamorphic lenses are coming I hope, because what you are describing could be manageable for one or two days of filming(Mattebox, gaffer tape), but unacceptable for a longer shoot with actors and dialogue etc. Trouble is to get this beautiful vintage look :-)
    Oron Cohen
    Scarlet-W
    www.oroncohen.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts