Thread: Hydrogen One tie in?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Hydrogen One tie in? 
    Any chance the Hydrogen One will have a RedRay tie in? The Red Ray was kind of the first media machine that Hydrogen is being called now. The Odemax network never saw the light of day, but maybe the Red Ray will be able to tap into the Hydrogen's media network for piggyback its own from it. It still kills me to see so much potential just completely ignored like it never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Davis View Post
    Any chance the Hydrogen One will have a RedRay tie in? The Red Ray was kind of the first media machine that Hydrogen is being called now. The Odemax network never saw the light of day, but maybe the Red Ray will be able to tap into the Hydrogen's media network for piggyback its own from it. It still kills me to see so much potential just completely ignored like it never existed.
    Early on I thought the .RED codec might be incorporated into the H-1, but it looks like the .4V is the mainstay. I do believe the HYDROGEN Network is the new Odemax, but I just don't see the need for REDRAY as the world has swiftly moved from wired to wi-fi with no middle unit like the REDRAY being necessary.

If Red holds on to the .4v codec like they did to .RED, then a middle licensed unit will be needed to view. I think every professional view screen I have seen has had dedicated hardware for playback. I think it really depends on how mainstream vs. professional Red is going to lean for these next few steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Davis View Post
    If Red holds on to the .4v codec like they did to .RED, then a middle licensed unit will be needed to view. I think every professional view screen I have seen has had dedicated hardware for playback. I think it really depends on how mainstream vs. professional Red is going to lean for these next few steps.
    The .4V as a codec is likely optimised for compressing information in multiples of 64 views (the Leia Display takes 64 different views and projects them in narrow angles so you only see one view at a time per eye at normal viewing distances)

I am pretty sure for best results and least artifacting an entirely different methodology for .encoding 4v content will have been developed.

I do not mean for the redray to be used as a .4v player. My thought was to include, with the hydrogen media network, .Red playback too. We all share so much on here via YouTube and Vimeo, being able to use this new network to share more than just .4v would be a nice addition. The RedRay being a starting point for network sharing .red playback like originally thought.

Personally I think an archival removable media format is desperately needed.

Something you could put on a shelf for 50 to 100 years or more and yet be stable/ uncorrupted.

Very soon folks are going to be losing their early digital footage to entropy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

(Its really a sneak peek into your future and THE future :-) )

Be there or be flat! Or at least risk feeling dimensionally challenged!