Thread: Questions from post house.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Questions from post house. 
    I知 shooting a TV movie and post is using AVID.
    I知 offered up the ability of shooting dnxHD SQ dual stream to see if that would speed up dailies.

The questions I got back from post are:

When shooting dual stream DNXHD SQ on the helium is it making a .ALE along side the DNXHD SQ files for meta data?

Also is transcode codec MXFOP-atom?

Anyone?
    Dan Dumouchel
    Director of Photography
    PerfectPictures.ca

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dumouchel View Post
    I知 shooting a TV movie and post is using AVID.
    I知 offered up the ability of shooting dnxHD SQ dual stream to see if that would speed up dailies.

The questions I got back from post are:

When shooting dual stream DNXHD SQ on the helium is it making a .ALE along side the DNXHD SQ files for meta data?

Also is transcode codec MXFOP-atom?

Anyone?
    The MXFs are OPAtom as far as my testings. This is the least appreciated and hidden feature of Red that no one seems to care about. I've not seen any other camera do this, they go with OP1a MXFs that still needs recoding. I'm not sure about the ALE, since I don't use that when editing. I just put the MXFs in a fresh numbered folder in the Avid MediaFiles and then Avid will create a .dbr file automatically, meaning I just import that database file into Avid and that folder's files will pop up in the bin. Super easy and fast.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600