Thread: DSMC 2 RT Motion Latitude problem

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes the second Aux port trigger is mapped to recalibration. That I couldn't change but I did remap the Aux2 port to control focus using the hand controller.
    I'm guessing a full reset is in order. If you don't have a hand controller, reloading firmware may do the trick.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

So far I haven't been able to get my laptop to recognize the Latitude.

Quote Originally Posted by scott pommier View Post
    So far I haven't been able to get my laptop to recognize the Latitude.
    Are you on the new Mac adapting to usb-c? If so I was unable to get that to work.

If your plugged directly into a normal USB port and it's not showing up try a shorter USB cable, shorter the better.

Make sure you open the software first. Then you plug the latitude in.

As far as mapping your thumbwheels you do that all in the latitude settings on the firmware update.

Hope that helps! Once everything is up and running the system is SO amazing.

Danny.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

update: i managed to download and install the new firmware. i had to reboot the camera too, i had some really strange results in between, but it seems to be working now. with my canon lenses anyways, my sigma 18-35, not so much. once the lens hits infinity it just sticks there, and won't pull back to anything close to the minimum focusing distance. is this a known issue?

I own a MK3.1 with latitude and a CTRL.1 with latitude. Multiple cables, multiple V-Lock I/O Expanders etc... I have tried literally everything that could be tried, even resetting my RED Scarlet W and I cannot get run/stop to work. Run always works but stop will never work. I did just update all my Teradek RT products and boom thats when the problem started. Never had a problem before this. Ive tried every camera in the hand controller: RED RCP,Arri,EPIC,RED etc... nothing is working to fix this. Anyone updated Teradek RT recently and had this issue? I have a shoot tuesday, praying i get an answer from here or Teradek, thank you in advance!

It has to be said that the upgrading of the devices is a pain and the record button can take one or two taps to work, or a long press. Only major issues I have faced is putting the crl cable in the the sync port, forgetting the adhoc setting on the camera. Its odd to get just the record not the stop feature. Do let us know what you find out. Best to leave the controler to red setting.

Best
    Ian

7. #17 Solved 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Wolfe View Post
    I own a MK3.1 with latitude and a CTRL.1 with latitude. Multiple cables, multiple V-Lock I/O Expanders etc... I have tried literally everything that could be tried, even resetting my RED Scarlet W and I cannot get run/stop to work. Run always works but stop will never work. I did just update all my Teradek RT products and boom thats when the problem started. Never had a problem before this. Ive tried every camera in the hand controller: RED RCP,Arri,EPIC,RED etc... nothing is working to fix this. Anyone updated Teradek RT recently and had this issue? I have a shoot tuesday, praying i get an answer from here or Teradek, thank you in advance!
    In case anyone else is having this problem, Teradek responded to me saying they recreated the same problem i was having on their end. The fix was rolling back to Latitude software to version 1.3. Current firmware for Latitude is 1.5. Hope this helps anyone with the same problems.