Thread: NAB 2018: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini View Post
    The tonality on the skin is not quite there, the color is a bit funny, and not as nice as the old pocket, and where is the girl getting her green eyebrows from. I don't know what was done to these images, but how conformable do you guys think it should be to normal image expectations in grading.
    youre not going to have skin tones with log footage, that's what the "film" setting is on those camera, so that's ungraded log.

It jumps a lot, like earlier Red and MP camera. It's too contrasty there I suppose.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

Super clean at 3200 ISO.

Still catching some moire in the guy's jeans by his right knee, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Super clean at 3200 ISO.

Still catching some moire in the guy's jeans by his right knee, though.
    that's impressive, did you grade that?
    looks more like some CA on his knee, most likely from a cheap lens.
    iv'e seen worse on an alexa one some lenses wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Zananiri View Post
    From what I saw yesterday at NAB:
    The image and low light performance were outstanding. Image is quite clean at iso 3200 and very clean at 1600. Usable at 6400. The big back screen is a very, very nice feature.
    This camera will be a game changer because of the price. It costs less than some accessories of other major brand cameras, has an amazing image quality and records raw internally. For $1300???
    The only two concerns would be power and potential quality control problems. I don't think an lpe6 battery would last that long. So external power will most likely be needed, like the BMPCC. Better power connector this time though.
    Battery length is meant to be an hour, so long enough that you could run around with an external battery, but also short enough some would think it is beneficial to hook up an external battery as well.
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Dynamic range is not too bad considering the shot is 1: slightly overexposed, 2: graded from a jpeg still, and 3: shot using the high ISO mode. Shoot it at 400 ISO and it will be a pretty respectable result. Reds seem to be looking pretty saturated in the poster and on the bottles.

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini View Post
    The tonality on the skin is not quite there, the color is a bit funny, and not as nice as the old pocket, and where is the girl getting her green eyebrows from. I don't know what was done to these images, but how conformable do you guys think it should be to normal image expectations in grading.
    Complaining about that in this period of time we all live in seems pretty funny to me, Wayne, coming from you even further ; ) Go there to comment V-Log L and you'll fulfill all that :-D
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Meade View Post
    Youtube kids asked for it i'm guessing.

Give us a sequel to the ursa mini 4.6k for the same price point and take my money.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3584...4169167458754/
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Miller View Post
    Yeah there becomes a certain point where datarate is just too much.
    That is the benefit of the H.265 in the Z Cam E2, you can do high frame rate / high resolution / 10bit yet still keep the file sizes small and manageable. More so than the BMPCC4K!

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel A. View Post
    Complaining about that in this period of time we all live in seems pretty funny to me, Wayne, coming from you even further ; ) Go there to comment V-Log L and you'll fulfill all that :-D
    What's the point Emmanuel? We all lived through multiple generations of Red sensor raw feature grading, and as far as I know I was the first person to pick up on it here before it was finally fixed in dragon and helium. Maybe it is the low light iso mode making it stand out, but the grade above reduces it a lot. I can still see it, but low enough for certain levels of work. You many pickup I'm reosying yonpe9pkes belief that
    tthe pockets are really only suitabkr for narrative related work (which I hope not). Seriously why do you think people prefer the Alexa over red for years, one reason is better picture not doing things like this. And being obscure in your comments at this stage doesn't help. I'm not psychic you know.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.