Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Update... 4-12-2018

Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Vidal View Post
    Where else do you know where they serve you amazing desert with a cookie on top?
    Can't wait, Excitement keeps building!
    Or how about ...

I was thinking the same...

FORTUNE COOKIE !!!!!

^^^That's the closest color I could find to the 'Cookie monster" ;-)

Although I do like Italian Macaroons and a lit Sambuca with a coffee bean in it... Always fun to try and blow it out and not set fire to the table cloth or your date! (married now :-) ).

I am wondering about integrated lens and sensor assembly as bayonetted type BOSS feature/ "Cookie" cough cough cough... (wild wild wild speculation)... 2D and 3d lens/ assemblies switchable like a regular lens.

I.e. folks that cancelled their order for too little or to late 2d capability may go 'DANG!"... (caveat wild wild wild speculation!) ;-)

BTW I might start a thread in OFF TOPIC, about where to stay and cool clubs and restaurants to hang out... (or asking foe recommendations that may be closer to RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOO... ) Just asking as May 19th is my 1st wedding anniversary. I used to live in LA in the 90's but was jumped by a bunch of gang bangers and nearly killed. I have been back to LA once last year and managed to chill and get a different read on the vibe of how LA is theses days but might be nice to plan where to stay and where to go... I might be in LA form a few days to catch up, have fun and check stuff out :-)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

(Its really a sneak peek into your future and THE future :-) )

Be there or be flat! Or at least risk feeling dimensionally challenged!

What a post from Jim about launching into the unknown. Love it.
    I pre-ordered the ti and was hoping to get it in time for a 3 week trip in Europe in June that includes spending some time hanging with a bunch of gypsy friends in their camps and jamming with some of the best players in the world.
    What a great opportunity to grab some cool footage as a great demo for H1.
    It won't be available by then, but it doesn't sound like it will be ready for primetime anyway.

As excited as I am about it, I personally am keeping my expectations on the conservative side for the first version, and will cut Red a lot of slack for the first bunch of updates.
    It ain't as easy as it looks to build a new phone. I use a razer phone, and while it's great, it has a number of issues that make one scratch one's head because razer bought the company nextbit with a lot of experience and they still effed it up slightly.
    Look at Google; with all of their massive technical force their pixel2 has had a lot of issues. Essential phone, issues.
    If the H1 is even close to the other new phones in stability, that will be simply stunning.

Let's do this!
    Cheers
    Randy

For you all.

I had a great morning with Jim today and he showed me the live, realtime H4V with the front facing and rear camera on the RED Hydrogen 1. It's great to see H4V processing all happening on the device now. It's all rather seamless.

Also got to see some new H4V content that was rather stunning. RH1 is pretty darn close now. May 19th = Hydrogen One Day. Preorders ship prior to launch. Proper launch is August.

It's close now.

It's early early on, but I have a feeling this is the beginning to something pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to shooting some great content for it and with it.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Les Hillis View Post
    Interesting stuff Eric. In terms of potential content the Hydrogen platform seems to be blank canvas open to any assortment of end-uses.

As has been stated, once that extra dimensionality is opened up for people to experience in a casual, no-hassle way, the devices and formats could find themselves being used in all sorts of special-use scenarios that most people will never see (industrial, medical etc.).

And with the opening up of the 3D/semi-holographic aspect, the potential is also there for changes in the way the general public access and use and make sense of information and entertainment.

After (and while) the traditional/familiar 3D effects are presented in a non-compromised, easy to view form and we finally find out whether people were really interested in experiencing the artificial recreation of that effect after all, the other uses for that newly opened up 'space' can also be explored.

Having the casual ability to see around and behind 'objects' and make sense of their dimensions and of the 'space' they're in, then move them, or move around them (where possible)...who knows what that will lead to.
    @Les 100%.

If I was director of applications at LEIA it would probably take me six life times to get to all of the real world based applications from entertainment to medical as you say LES.

Ironically I think as a film tool the HYDROGEN will be super excellent! I say ironically as pretty much everyone working in the film industry will want one for REAL WORK... and ironically the one group of film professionals that will probably be the most resistant to using HYDROGEN will be CINEMATOGRAPHERS...

In film industry the uses for HYDROGEN will be amazing. pre-viz, stunts planning and recording... Location issues / location mangers tool kit, props department, art department... Construction department... The list is endless.

So If we are able to sell HYDROGEN to cinematographers that IMO is the toughest customer for said device and eco-system.

I can see a future scenario where there will be high ranking cinematographers that will be 100% on board with H4V and related cameras and acquisition systems and broadcast workflows... THEN there will be the social media peeps and perhaps HYDROGEN showcase/NETWORK... BUT there may be a grumbling / slightly grumpy middle ground of cinematographers that might actually reject all of this. I think the "middle ground" may be the most polarized? At least for a while.

Some of the reactions have been amazing where someone might state (dig up quote) that they wanted to re-shoot everything they ever shot!

Christopher Bell has the original IG post.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    For you all.

I had a great morning with Jim today and he showed me the live, realtime H4V with the front facing and rear camera on the RED Hydrogen 1. It's great to see H4V processing all happening on the device now. It's all rather seamless.

Also got to see some new H4V content that was rather stunning. RH1 is pretty darn close now. May 19th = Hydrogen One Day. Preorders ship prior to launch. Proper launch is August.

It's close now.

It's early early on, but I have a feeling this is the beginning to something pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to shooting some great content for it and with it.

YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!
    Thank you Phil!!!!

I cant wait to see the Ti model!!!

For you all.

It's close now.

Phill you beautiful "Cat" and the H1 one looks amazing amazing amazing...

38 pin interface... :-) :-) :-)

"ME WANT CookIE"...

@ Phil H IS the screen "Bananas!" Are you allowed to say anything about the visual experience of sticking your head into a lightfields?

How does the resolution and filed of view seem/ appear or "FEEL" :-)

The Kevlar/ carbon fibre and textures etc. just look so beautiful... (almost said bad-ass but looks more slick and beautiful to be just bad-ass... so that makes it Kick-Ass I guess :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Hammon View Post
    What a post from Jim about launching into the unknown. Love it.
    I pre-ordered the ti and was hoping to get it in time for a 3 week trip in Europe in June that includes spending some time hanging with a bunch of gypsy friends in their camps and jamming with some of the best players in the world.
    What a great opportunity to grab some cool footage as a great demo for H1.
    It won't be available by then, but it doesn't sound like it will be ready for primetime anyway.

As excited as I am about it, I personally am keeping my expectations on the conservative side for the first version, and will cut Red a lot of slack for the first bunch of updates.
    It ain't as easy as it looks to build a new phone. I use a razer phone, and while it's great, it has a number of issues that make one scratch one's head because razer bought the company nextbit with a lot of experience and they still effed it up slightly.
    Look at Google; with all of their massive technical force their pixel2 has had a lot of issues. Essential phone, issues.
    If the H1 is even close to the other new phones in stability, that will be simply stunning.

Let's do this!
    Cheers
    Randy
    Well maybe next year! but still post some photos in the Off topic section or wherever for you Jamming out! [I remember out little discussion about improvised music and "radio 6" crossed connections! ].

Is there anyone with a roving HYDROGEN that would be in your neighborhood to drop in maybe?

Also likewise I don't care if its buggy as sh*t as long as it can vaguely do what it is supposed to do.

As long as the imagery looks real good I don't mind if the Mo- crashes four times a day... That won't be any different from commercial 3d rendering and CAD software :-D

I have very high standards for my own software but definitely understand the issues that developers face... So RU peeps and other are the greatest BETA TEST group in the world !

@ Phil good to know HYDROGEN ONE is called HYDROGEN ONE and it's HYDROGEN ONE day (even though everyone gets a free upgrade to what would have been HYDROGEN 2 ).

For you all. Also got to see some new H4V content that was rather stunning.

<schniiip>

That's fantastic news that you are genuinely "Digging it" and want to create with it !

I can't wait to see what you do with HYDROGEN too ! :-)

That's going to be so great and then and all the new h4V/3D hardware cameras + plethora of modules also coming down the pipe line too.

For you all.

It's close now.

BADASS!!!!! PICS!!! This thing is sick.