Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: " EPOCH " Shot by Christopher Probst on RED MONSTRO 8K

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Probst View Post
    Aaron, which version did you try? YouTube or Vimeo? We have a great debate going on which has less banding... Though I hate Vimeo, for me I see less on that version. It's a total gut punch when this thing looks exquisite in 4K...
    Just curious, why do you hate Vimeo?
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"

Aaron, which version did you try? YouTube or Vimeo? We have a great debate going on which has less banding... Though I hate Vimeo, for me I see less on that version. It's a total gut punch when this thing looks exquisite in 4K...
    I watched both versions, actually. Vimeo looked superior to my eyes. But I always have streaming problems with Vimeo even on gigabit fiber. It managed to play smoothly for me on this one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Take a drive up to LA, and watch it in our theater at the studio in all it's glory :)
    I might have to for the Hydrogen sneak peak anyway! Might as well make a trip out of it and add on all the other RED goodness. :)

Awesome! Inspiring.
    Epic-W #8463 "Kal-El" www.vimeo.com/twofivesix

Very cool man. Really dig the underkey choices throughout. Very ambitious VFX work in there too.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

The Vimeo looked a lot better for me... I started watching the YouTube as a comparison and the banding was immediately obvious against the near blacks ... Almost unwatchable IMO and stopped play, even though I wanted to watch it again (watched it first time on VIMEO). I'm in the middle of nowhere and using my ACER (pretty large) predator gaming/programming/ graphics capable laptop.

Whoring side note: These whole set of sequences and scenes would be beyond perfect for H4V. The range of distances and contained spaces for most of shots... + mega texture...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

(Its really a sneak peek into your future and THE future :-) )

Be there or be flat! Or at least risk feeling dimensionally challenged!

Senior Member Christopher Probst's Avatar
    Thanks Eric, valuable feedback. Banding drives me crazy! A bit of a let down on YouTube's part. The 4K output is completely banding free, so if we are able to arrange some 4K screenings for the Hydrogen day and around CineGear, it'd be great to show it off in 5.1 and 4K at the Red theater...
    Christopher Probst, ASC
    director of photography
    Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    I watched both versions, actually. Vimeo looked superior to my eyes. But I always have streaming problems with Vimeo even on gigabit fiber. It managed to play smoothly for me on this one, though.

I might have to for the Hydrogen sneak peak anyway! Might as well make a trip out of it and add on all the other RED goodness. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    I watched both versions, actually. Vimeo looked superior to my eyes. But I always have streaming problems with Vimeo

Same here I normally avoid Vimeo for the same reason and I have really pretty crappy bandwidth (in the middle of no-where) off my T-moble/ hotspot / samsung tablet and I was surprised how SMOOTH and immediate the VIMEO feed was this time too...

Are we looking at new secret sauce/ secret source here :-)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

Thanks Eric, valuable feedback. Banding drives me crazy! A bit of a let down on YouTube's part. The 4K output is completely banding free, so if we are able to arrange some 4K screenings for the Hydrogen day and around CineGear, it'd be great to show it off in 5.1 and 4K at the Red theater...
    OOHHH mannn I would love that so much... I was hoping someone would offer! (I'm sometimes a bit bashful for asking for things)...!!! That would be pure magic. Thanks!

Really is a feast for the eyes AND very very useful indeed ... ( you have no idea); and remarkable how much you guys busted your arses on this on the actual shoot to bring it in in such a short time... !

Youtube was only giving me 1080 playback so I too hoped over to Vimeo and watched it in 4K. Gonna have to fire up my apple TV and 4K laster projector to really experience all it's glory, but this is some killer stuff Chris...literally. Loved how the anamorphic shots cut so well with spherical. Everything was just superb!
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://youtu.be/Hqg7y_FKvEs
    web: http://digitalcinemaguy.com

Red theatre sounds amazing !!! / very very sweet indeed.

I'd sit in, stay longer for a "Director's" commentary type thing... Play it once then replay, stop /start/ pause / play and talk through maybe how some of the key / deceptively simple yet very tricky sequences came together.