Thread: 10,000th Post, Industry Thoughts, and Giveaway

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Snapshot of when I was filming in Oman, at Jabreen Castle. Captured on RED Weapon MG (6K).

Excerpt from http://www.omantripper.com/jabreen-castle/

Jabreen Castle (حصن جبرين) (also spelled Jibreen Castle) is the most beautiful historic castle in the whole of Oman. This historic castle was constructed in the late 17th century and is located in Bahla in the Al Dakhiliyah Governorate about 175 KM away from Muscat.

Jabreen Castle was built by Imam Bel’arab bin Sultan Al Yarubi. His father was Imam Sultan bin Saif Al Yarubi the Imam who removed the Portuguese from Oman and the one who expanded Nizwa fort to its current form. Imam Bel’arab inherited from his father a country in a period of peace after the removal of the Portuguese. It is rumored that this palace was actually built through the personal funding of Bel’arab during the lifetime of his father before he became the Imam of the country. The country experienced an era of prosperity and development through the time of Imam Bel’arab until his brother Said bin Sultan succeeded in his scheme to remove him in 1692.

Jabreen Castle is different from other Omani forts because it was not built in the times of war and is not a fortification that was expanded by different Imams overs centuries. It is basically a palace constructed in times of peace by a ruler who was passionate about science and art and that made it the most beautiful historic castle found in the Sultanate. The castle is three stories tall, features two towers, numerous receptions halls, dining areas, meeting rooms, a court room, a library, and classrooms. The interior design of the castle features decorated windows, wooden balconies, arches with inscribed Arabic calligraphy, and breathtaking ceiling artwork.
    Kookaburra Empire
    Motion Pictures and Video Production
    Official Site // Facebook // IMDB

RED 6K Weapon MG #0442 "Minerva"

"Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?"

Alrighty. I know who the winner is :)

But you don't for now. Thank you for your submissions. I'm off to Cine Gear all day.

I'll post the winner and why as well as contact via PM. Thank you again. Lots and lots of great images!
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Soooooo- did you announce a winner? :)
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Quote Originally Posted by DC Chavez View Post
    Soooooo- did you announce a winner? :)
    Maybe we get some PhilmLUTs for playing?

Just sent out a PM to the winner.

This was a tough one and I went back and forth on it for a long while. A lot of solid frames here, pretty darn tricky.

It came down to a compelling and alluring frame. Well exposed and composed and shot in a rather interesting way with an anamorphic adapter and russian lens.

And on that note I'd like to congratulate...........

Quote Originally Posted by Matt stambaugh View Post

Matt Stambaugh!

Congrats man. That's a heck of a shot that makes me want to know more.

Thank you all for the submissions. Again, super hard decision, but damn there's some nice stuff in this thread!
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Congrats Matt, and thanks Phil for giving people an opportunity for people to show their stuff, was good to see.

Congrats, Matt! Well done mate!
    Kookaburra Empire
    Motion Pictures and Video Production
    Official Site // Facebook // IMDB

RED 6K Weapon MG #0442 "Minerva"

"Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Just sent out a PM to the winner.

This was a tough one and I went back and forth on it for a long while. A lot of solid frames here, pretty darn tricky.

It came down to a compelling and alluring frame. Well exposed and composed and shot in a rather interesting way with an anamorphic adapter and russian lens.

And on that note I'd like to congratulate...........

Matt Stambaugh!

Congrats man. That's a heck of a shot that makes me want to know more.

Thank you all for the submissions. Again, super hard decision, but damn there's some nice stuff in this thread!

Ah man this is so awesome! Thanks so much Phil!

In regards to the frame, this was for a music video I recently DP'd for Aumen Film Co. Musician is Lukr and Song: Astronaut - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-NhvjwHEe4

We decided to do three performance locations (Gym, Auditorium and Rooftop). We got the first two locations completed and were on a race against light for the rooftop and we found a pickup spot in the hallway on the way to the roof. All natural light, it really lent itself for a little bit more emotion and some unique and interesting light! It's funny how you can get a shot when you least expect it. We were in this location for all but 2 minutes to grab a few pickups just in case and it really landed well.

Lens / Camera choice was a Scarlet-W with a Cinelux Anamorphic and Helios 55mm Lens with a Rectilux Focus.