Thread: New colour transform - looking for beta participants

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 New colour transform - looking for beta participants 

We now have enough numbers for our beta test. Thanks everyone for your interest!
    Last edited by Brett Harrison; 05-02-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Here is another video that has a wipe in it:

Looks interesting but what would be very useful for me is if you showed side by sides that matched colour temp and contrast.. then I could see what you have added to the mix? Or if that is too much hassle create a little package for a easy download with your final image and the starting image in high res where people can quickly match the course attributes of CT and contrast and appreciate your 'magic'... just a thought..?
    Michael Lindsay

my studio Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lindsay View Post
    Looks interesting but what would be very useful for me is if you showed side by sides that matched colour temp and contrast.. then I could see what you have added to the mix? Or if that is too much hassle create a little package for a easy download with your final image and the starting image in high res where people can quickly match the course attributes of CT and contrast and appreciate your 'magic'... just a thought..?
    Thanks for your comment Michael.

The two images use the same underlying ACES AP0 linear image. So any contrast , hue or saturation differences are due to the differences in how that linear info is mapped to the screen. Our system tends to remove colour cast to provide a base ‘tech grade’ given the default settings.

Both results here are automatic - the left side is Resolve’s Rec.709 transform. Let me know if that answers your question.