Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: SCARLET-W Annoying screen issue in 7.0.2

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 SCARLET-W Annoying screen issue in 7.0.2 
    Hello REDusers,
    I updated my S-W two days ago to the new version 7.0.2, and since then, while I'm recording and using the camera, randomly, and usually every minute, the screen shows some lines, it goes off and then returns working for 1 second. It does not affect the recorded material, but you can not focus and see what you are shooting for that second. In the previous version I had never had an issue like that, but unfortunately, you can not downgrade from version 7.0.2 to version 7.0.1

I'm writing it here, in case any of you are in 7.0.1, and want to continue using the camera as normal, my opinion is not updating to 7.0.2

Video of the screen problem: https://vimeo.com/269338204/da1c3415c7
    Julen De La Serna| Filmmaker
    Scarlet-W - Zeiss Milvus - Sigma Art
    http://julendls.com

Same issue here. Thanks for posting this. Did you start a repair request with Red? I think I will try to re install the firmware and see what happens.

I'm also experiencing the same issue with the RED 4.7" screen. But the issue does not affect my Atomos monitor through hdmi.

Glitches when I switch from playback > live preview.

Reinstalled firmware twice.

I've seen the same issue on a friend's camera the other day. I'll stay with the old firmware for the moment.
    DP/Editor - Magestic Film - Italy based production and post-production
    Scarlet-W "Esmé" + Sony A7RII

Similar issue for me as well. Annoying, but thankfully hasn't ruined any footage.
    #MakeItHappen...#ThatFiilmLife

Ty Hunt
    Director | Cinematographer
    Scarlet-W

www.LightHawk.studio

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #6  
    Hi all,

If you're experiencing issues related to the linked Known Issue, please be aware that RED released v7.0.3 that addresses this bug.

Please download and attempt to replicate. If you're still experiencing this issue, please submit a request to RED support on support.red.com.

Unable to upgrade the firmware. Tried 3 times. The fans will spin for about 3 seconds (not 15 like the readme says) and then shut off. The lights flash and do their little dance on the catwalk, yes the catwalk, but still, no upgrade. Reformatted the card between each trial. Anyone else have this issue?

Ty Hunt
    Scarlet-W

www.LightHawk.studio

Happened to me yesterday, then I realized I downloaded the wrong camera firmware. The Link Brad included leads to the Weapon firmware. If you have a SW you should go to the SW firmware download page. Once I did that it all worked fine.

Copy that. That worked for me as well. Now upgraded. Can't believe I didn't catch that detail!

Ty Hunt
    Scarlet-W

www.LightHawk.studio