Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: AT&T, Verizon and Telcel...

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by David Swan View Post
    OK, I have an unlocked pre-order, but will it run on the UK-O2 network?
    And what about carriers outside the USA? Will they be supported?
    The phone will work on any compatible network, so long as the network provider allows you access. People who travel internationally often "rent" SIM cards while they are in any given country, so they can get full network service on their phone without having to deal with roaming/international fees. As long as O2 has a BYOD policy where you can buy a SIM card from them, you can use it with their network as you would any other phone.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Langer View Post
    The phone will work on any compatible network, so long as the network provider allows you access. People who travel internationally often "rent" SIM cards while they are in any given country, so they can get full network service on their phone without having to deal with roaming/international fees. As long as O2 has a BYOD policy where you can buy a SIM card from them, you can use it with their network as you would any other phone.
    If your actual phone has a SIM card, chances are that it will work... The key is the "unlocked" phone. My mom (from Argentina) has a provider there that don't want (or accept - or is what they said) phones from the US. I gave her my old phone (unlocked) we switched the SIMs and it worked as a charm... check if your provider uses AT&T or Verizon's kind of network.

Hey Jim, any word about Canadian carriers?

It won't make my England trip, but it will make my Alaska trip ... I hope ... (I leave 31 July.)
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

"The Chronicles of the Fated" (pre production)
    https://www.facebook.com/thefatedshow

So just curious, as I am a very happy T Mobile customer, as I travel quite a bit and T Mobile's worldwide data is a gift from heaven... should I just cancel my preorder, as I'm reading that the Hydrogen isn't compatible with T Mobile's band?

Local 600 DIT & 3D Technician

twitter.com/douglashorton

It is compatible with T-mobile, is just not compatible with some new towers they have been installing, in those covered areas you would still receive signal from the old ones

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Horton View Post
    So just curious, as I am a very happy T Mobile customer, as I travel quite a bit and T Mobile's worldwide data is a gift from heaven... should I just cancel my preorder, as I'm reading that the Hydrogen isn't compatible with T Mobile's band?
    From my post on h4v.net: https://h4vuser.net/t/iphoneless-first-h1-toughs/2695

"...
    Service wise T-Mobile has been hit and miss, especially on the Data connection which leaves the Phone hunting to connect in order to set up G.Maps and other services, I might give it a little longer and then switch to Verizon if this continues."

My current set up on the H1 Houdini.

Important to note that at the time I took this Screen Shot there was Zero connection :( And it is supposed to be 4G, oh well, will give it a bit more time as the H1 team might be able to do something to make things better, possibly, if not Verizon it is, had too many bad experiences in the past with AT&T.

Filmmaker | Conservationist | Philanthropist