Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 83 123451151 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 DSMC2. Unified. 

Most of you know we have been working on the upgrade paths from Scarlet-W to Gemini for the last few months, and along the way the process turned into something much bigger.

Our Camera lineup as most of you can agree has gotten a little bloated and confusing.

"This brain with this sensor but do get these framerates you need to have this brain but it wont work with this sensor.. etc. etc. "

So we saw the opportunity to reset everything and we grabbed it.

One body. All Weapon inside. A true, unified DSMC2. Then choose your sensor. DSMC2 with Monstro. DSCM2 with Helium. DSMC2 with Gemini.

Simple .

It was painful to get to the above. I actually agreed to this pricing last month with you all on Reduser before the math actually worked out.

The math actually didn't... it was very far away.

Brent smacked my hand like he always does for being reckless but he knew that I was actually right... and that set him and the rest of the team off on a mission that probably was the best thing that happened to us in a number of years.

As our business footprint has grown , so has the expense of making things.

It's called "Burdened Cost" and it basically just means the overhead of our infastructure trickles down into the cost of every product we sell.

We used to make fun of that... and then it became our reality. Our cameras became more expensive than they needed to be, and all for the wrong reasons.

We just fixed that.

We have aligned ourselves with new partners to retool our manufacturing process and dramatically improved our supply chain. We have trimmed the excess. We have isolated our camera businesses completely on its own so it's costs are transparent and only burdened by itself.

And the results have been immediate.

Some things will become more expensive, some will become more affordable through this transparency.

Manufacturing just one body with all the same insides (as weapon) it gets the qty up to take advantage of volume pricing.

Monstro moves the other way… its an expensive sensor to make so it’s price will go dramatically up as it stands alone in paying for itself through this transperency. There is a window though that we can help with that… Since we do have an inventory of Monstro Sensors in hand, we can put them into the new unified body and it becomes actually cheaper ( for the moment )

The math wont make sense right now. Don’t try and make sense of it. You can goto a dealer right now and buy a Scarlet-W from them and pay the upgrade to DSMC2 Gemini but buying a DSMC2 Gemini new outright is cheaper. There are some other examples that won't make sense.. but 99% of them are in your favor so don't ask questions :)

So... onto the good stuff.

For Gemini...

$12,500 for an upgrade from Scarlet-W to DSMC2 Gemini.

$14,500 for an upgrade from DSMC1 Dragon cameras to DSMC2 Gemini.

$4,950 to upgrade Epic-W internals to the new unified DSMC2 ( Weapon class ) brain.

All new cameras will have price adjustments as well.

I know I probably just bored half of you all with way too much behind the scenes info so here you can skip to the new plan in detail :

http://www.red.com/store/products/dsmc2-brain

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001279007
    Last edited by Brent@RED; 05-21-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typo of "DSCM1"

Many thanks Jarred and the team for this Dsmc2 unified.

With this droping price, i will keep my dragon instead of upgrade for 14850e and bought brand new Gemini for 19900. For 5000e more i can keep my Dragon for backup, with old price its others things.

So thanks !
    Last edited by alexandre Chailan; 05-21-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Boom. Take my money. In for the S-W upgrade. This is epic stuff!

Kudos to you on taking the hit in the short-term to provide a better solution for all red users in the long-term. Man, just awesome.
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

As I said on FB... Best move ever Jarred. . . BRAVO!!
    Filmmaker | Conservationist | Philanthropist

***PM me to safely Broker the Purchase or Sale of your RED Monstro Camera***

YouTube Channel

This is great. I always thought one body would make more sense as you started to create more sensors. Good work team!

Can you provide a bit of a comparison of old vs new pricing?
    MadlyFX Special Effects
    Chicago, IL
    andy@madlyfx.com
    www.madlyfx.com

Incredible. It's great that you guys are being so transparent. It will easily help in the long run. You guys are one of the few brands that really interact with their client base.

Dreams really do come true!

Simply amazing!
    Samir Patel
    instagram.com/patelimages

samir-patel.com

--
    Stealth Weapon-MG and EPIC-W with some vintage Contax-Zeiss and Leica-R goodness and some Canon and Nikon modern glass just for good measure.

Very interesting and I think a great move.

The concept of DSMC is all RED and it's real nice to see some harmony in the crowd.

It should be easier for many to digest.

RED. DSMC2. Sensor Technology. Resolution. Format Size.

So does that mean most ways we're now talking:
    RED Monstro 8K VV

Instead of:
    RED Weapon Monstro 8K VV?

Thanks
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon