Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Not out of luck at all.
    Great to hear, Brent! Was worried there for a minute because I received the (used) camera on Tuesday last week and then immediately left town for 3 weeks and didn't get around to reading up on how to transfer ownership if it was possible.

Appreciate the quick reply, thanks!

Scarlet-W

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    Curious when the upgrade chart pricing goes live:

Starting Summer 2018, RED will offer the Sensor Upgrade options described in the table below. To learn more about an upgrade option or to request the upgrade, click the corresponding link in the Sensor Upgrade Type column.

"Summer" as in today or "Summer" as in June 21?

(asking because the 29,5 upgrade I'd been eyeing is now 39,5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Riggieri View Post
    Yes for Weapon Helium owners, our camera value just halved!! And to move into the Monstro went up an additional 33%. So the owners who had carefully choose to be in a Weapon class camera, because we were told by Jared the Weapon class would be where we need to be for all further updates. And that is true, just didn't expect the bottom to come crashing up to the top.

I don't want to complain, because I have made money off the my investment in RED, and I have been on the positive end of most Red price changes and upgrades. Just hurts to be on the other end.
    Yeah, the pain is real for Weapon CF owners! But I’m happy for everyone else!
    Reuben Evans
    Executive Producer Faithlife TV/Faithlife Films
    http://FaithlifeTV.com

Helium Weapon
    4 Scarlet MX
    RED Rocket-X
    FCPX
    DaVinci Resolve
    Sigma Cine Lenses

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias Tejeda View Post
    Are there ever going to be any upgrade paths for Raven ?
    As we have stated many times, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Still pushing all the pages live. All goes live today shortly...
    welp, so much for that. ha

For those of you with the Weapon helium or Gemini, I'm in a predicament. It's now the same price to go from Epic-W helium to Gemini and Weapon and I can't decide which has more benefits. The 8k 60 FPS is super enticing but I love the footage I'm seeing out of Gemini thus far. Which would you guys suggest?
    EPIC-W #412

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie A View Post
    Any word regarding price protection for those who purchased Gemini's in the last few weeks?
    Jamie, your EPIC-W GEMINI can now but updated to a DSMC2 GEMINI at no cost to you. Which means, you essentially got WEAPON-class specs.

Is this real, 25k for a „Weapon Helium“ which shoots 8k 60fps?

Thats an incredible good deal for all Epic-W owners, but also incredibly dissapointing for all current Weapon Helium owners..
    Now my camera is only worth half the price..

Nice work guys this is smart and seems like an amazing move. I'm curious what my options are right now with my CF Weapon Dragon 6K? Had planned on throwing a Gemini in there, which I still may, but by that point I will have paid around $55,000 for what people can get into now for $20,000 new (minus the CF aspect). All good, this is how this goes, just curious what my sensor options and prices for me might look like at this point as I'm looking to move on from Dragon. Thanks!

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    To push our updated brochure and builder pages, we need to so a quick reboot. RED.com will be down for about 5 minutes momentarily.

Hopefully I'm just misinterpreting this new infirmation, but it looks like the Monstro is now $54k new, (which is only $5k more than what I paid for Helium) but now the upgrade jumped from $29k to $39.5k?? please say it ain't so

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

We just fixed that.

We have aligned ourselves with new partners to retool our manufacturing process and dramatically improved our supply chain. We have trimmed the excess. We have isolated our camera businesses completely on its own so it's costs are transparent and only burdened by itself.

And the results have been immediate.

Some things will become more expensive, some will become more affordable through this transparency.

Manufacturing just one body with all the same insides (as weapon) it gets the qty up to take advantage of volume pricing.

Monstro moves the other way… its an expensive sensor to make so it’s price will go dramatically up as it stands alone in paying for itself through this transperency. There is a window though that we can help with that… Since we do have an inventory of Monstro Sensors in hand, we can put them into the new unified body and it becomes actually cheaper ( for the moment )

The math wont make sense right now. Don’t try and make sense of it. You can goto a dealer right now and buy a Scarlet-W from them and pay the upgrade to DSMC2 Gemini for cheaper than it is to actually by a DSMC2 Gemini outright. There are some other examples that won't make sense.. but 99% of them are in your favor so don't ask questions :)

So... onto the good stuff.

For Gemini...

$12,500 for an upgrade from Scarlet-W to DSMC2 Gemini.

$14,500 for an upgrade from DSCM1 Dragon cameras to DSMC2 Gemini.

$4,950 to upgrade Epic-W internals to the new unified DSMC2 ( Weapon class ) brain.

All new cameras will have price adjustments as well.

I know I probably just bored half of you all with way too much behind the scenes info so here you can skip to the new plan in detail :

http://www.red.com/store/products/dsmc2-brain

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001279007
    RYAN POSTAS
    DSMC 2 MONSTRO VV "RED ZEPPELIN'
    LOS ANGELES, CA