Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081
    Quote Originally Posted by William Ciani View Post
    Curious if the retooling and price adjustments will effect any accessories... Shouldn't they also be correlated in some way with these changes?
    Since accessories are universal across RED cameras, I will suppose they've built the manufacturing for optimization, remember with the brain, the key cost driver is the sensor Fab which is where RED tried to build for optimization in the current readjustment hence the price adjustment in the Brains. The other side of the coin is that, one can assume it's far more easier to outsource the accessories manufacturing and that could have been the case, if that holds true, then any major adjustments within the RED production line wouldn't necessarily affect accessories' cost.

Just my 2 cents, could be wrong though, as these are just my own theories
    Scarlet X
    2 RAVENs
    WEAPON 8K CF

Has anyone received an update confirmation once they scheduled and submitted the google doc?

Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    Has anyone received an update confirmation once they scheduled and submitted the google doc?
    I'm wondering the same thing... any news on upgrades?
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net

Quote Originally Posted by Abiodun Shote View Post
    Since accessories are universal across RED cameras, I will suppose they've built the manufacturing for optimization, remember with the brain, the key cost driver is the sensor Fab which is where RED tried to build for optimization in the current readjustment hence the price adjustment in the Brains. The other side of the coin is that, one can assume it's far more easier to outsource the accessories manufacturing and that could have been the case, if that holds true, then any major adjustments within the RED production line wouldn't necessarily affect accessories' cost.

Just my 2 cents, could be wrong though, as these are just my own theories
    Fair point. However seems a bit contradictory to "pave the way for future creators" yet have a price tag of $2,750 on a monitor that I still can't see in daylight and has had no resolution or performance improvements over previous models. Not to mention it has somehow had a longer life cycle than every single camera that was just discontinued or repriced yet accessories like this and others remain unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    Drove my cameras down to Irvine on Thursday. I submitted my original request a few hours after they opened up the request to upgrade. Got and email back a few days later asking about a date that would work for me. Chose June 11-15 and for an email the afternoon of the 13th saying it needed to be dropped off or mailed by the 15th to keep my spot in line. Dropped off and now 7-10 business days!
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Epic-W #6284 | Epic-W # 4573 | @dcchavez

I completed my upgrade through CineSauce. If I’m not mistaken they have some Gemini in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Krings View Post
    what about Weapon CF Users? Break the silence please!!!
    My hope is that we are going to find how it turns out for us when we will be closer to the next upgrade cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wahba View Post
    I completed my upgrade through CineSauce. If I’m not mistaken they have some Gemini in stock.
    Interesting, are they just letting people do upgrades with the standard in-stock Geminis? I figured it was a special thing arranged with RED and that the in-stock Geminis were just for new sales.
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Becker View Post
    Interesting, are they just letting people do upgrades with the standard in-stock Geminis? I figured it was a special thing arranged with RED and that the in-stock Geminis were just for new sales.
    I'm not sure. I reached out and they had them in stock, new DSMC2 unified Gemini and they did my trade-in for me.
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030