Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Hopefully I'm just misinterpreting this new infirmation, but it looks like the Monstro is now $54k new, (which is only $5k more than what I paid for Helium) but now the upgrade jumped from $29k to $39.5k?? please say it ain't so

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

We just fixed that.

We have aligned ourselves with new partners to retool our manufacturing process and dramatically improved our supply chain. We have trimmed the excess. We have isolated our camera businesses completely on its own so it's costs are transparent and only burdened by itself.

And the results have been immediate.

Some things will become more expensive, some will become more affordable through this transparency.

Manufacturing just one body with all the same insides (as weapon) it gets the qty up to take advantage of volume pricing.

Monstro moves the other way… its an expensive sensor to make so it’s price will go dramatically up as it stands alone in paying for itself through this transperency. There is a window though that we can help with that… Since we do have an inventory of Monstro Sensors in hand, we can put them into the new unified body and it becomes actually cheaper ( for the moment )

The math wont make sense right now. Don’t try and make sense of it. You can goto a dealer right now and buy a Scarlet-W from them and pay the upgrade to DSMC2 Gemini for cheaper than it is to actually by a DSMC2 Gemini outright. There are some other examples that won't make sense.. but 99% of them are in your favor so don't ask questions :)

So... onto the good stuff.

For Gemini...

$12,500 for an upgrade from Scarlet-W to DSMC2 Gemini.

$14,500 for an upgrade from DSCM1 Dragon cameras to DSMC2 Gemini.

$4,950 to upgrade Epic-W internals to the new unified DSMC2 ( Weapon class ) brain.

All new cameras will have price adjustments as well.

I know I probably just bored half of you all with way too much behind the scenes info so here you can skip to the new plan in detail :

http://www.red.com/store/products/dsmc2-brain

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001279007
    RYAN POSTAS
    DSMC 2 MONSTRO VV "RED ZEPPELIN'
    LOS ANGELES, CA

I bought a Monstro of couple of months ago...it's now worth 25.000 Euros/Dollar less?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Evans View Post
    For those of you with the Weapon helium or Gemini, I'm in a predicament. It's now the same price to go from Epic-W helium to Gemini and Weapon and I can't decide which has more benefits. The 8k 60 FPS is super enticing but I love the footage I'm seeing out of Gemini thus far. Which would you guys suggest?
    How do you finish? Do you need 8K or are you shooting on a lot of lowlight sets? Dark no lights? Then gemini. I work most of the time on lit stuff so the 8K is mouthwatering for me. And soon 60FPS option is amazing.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Gonsalves View Post
    Hey Brent,

I'm a bit confused. I thought you pay €12900 and get to DSMC2 Gemini (From SW Upgrade).

So is it correct that from there on it's $4950 to switch from DSMC2 Gemini to DSMC2 Helium? Or is it $9500? :s
    SCARLET-W DRAGON > DSMC2 GEMINI is $12,500. If you want to upgrade that to a HELIUM, you pay for HELIUM sensor, $9500.

Isn't my current Weapon 8K S35 technically already the same internally as these new "Unified Bodies"?
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimy Soares View Post
    How do you finish? Do you need 8K or are you shooting on a lot of lowlight sets? Dark no lights? Then gemini. I work most of the time on lit stuff so the 8K is mouthwatering for me. And soon 60FPS option is amazing.
    Usually a 4k Finish, but I'm obsessed with the look of a 4k finish after downsampling from 8k. Right now I just hate windowing in for any kind of higher frame rate. I shoot on a mix of both environments, but I'm also just taking storage space into account as the 8k is a monster and 5k would be some relief. It's a tough decision.
    EPIC-W #412

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpostas View Post
    Hopefully I'm just misinterpreting this new infirmation, but it looks like the Monstro is now $54k new, (which is only $5k more than what I paid for Helium) but now the upgrade jumped from $29k to $39.5k?? please say it ain't so
    That is exactly what it says:

"Monstro moves the other way… its an expensive sensor to make so it’s price will go dramatically up as it stands alone in paying for itself through this transperency. There is a window though that we can help with that… Since we do have an inventory of Monstro Sensors in hand, we can put them into the new unified body and it becomes actually cheaper ( for the moment )

The math wont make sense right now. Don’t try and make sense of it. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    You can goto a dealer right now and buy a Scarlet-W from them and pay the upgrade to DSMC2 Gemini for cheaper than it is to actually by a DSMC2 Gemini outright. There are some other examples that won't make sense.. but 99% of them are in your favor so don't ask questions :)

So... onto the good stuff.

For Gemini...

$12,500 for an upgrade from Scarlet-W to DSMC2 Gemini.

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001279007
    Love the idea of the unified bodies, great work guys.

However, maybe I'm bad at math... but if the Scarlet-W is staying at $12,500 for the brain, and the upgrade price is $12,500 on top of that, and a new Gemini is $20k it seems like it's $5k more expensive to do the above... Also seems like us Scarlet-W owners are probably better off trying to sell our brains on the used market for around $10k and buying a new Gemini instead of doing the upgrade path. Not hating on the option though, just some observation.
    Director - DP - Editor
    Gemini Owner
    www.mattdevino.com
    Instagram @devocam

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    To push our updated brochure and builder pages, we need to so a quick reboot. RED.com will be down for about 5 minutes momentarily.
    Deployment is over. RED.com is now back up.

This is awesome news. I have thinking of upgrading my SW to Gemini for low light capability. How long are these upgrade prices available?
    Scarlet-W #----(TBD), Canon CN-E Primes.