Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    I woke up this morning and turned my Weapon CF on for a shoot. Good news. It still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Slobodan View Post
    I woke up this morning and turned my Weapon CF on for a shoot. Good news. It still works.
    Lol :)
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    I'm thinking that it's time to sell off my A7r and go the DSMC2 route for my stills now, too... :)
    The Epic-W stills are pretty awesome in a lot of situations. It a few other I wouldn’t be as confident it can beat my D810. Overall I have been pulling more and more stills from the 8K files. To me this is the biggest reason i’ll Stay with 8K.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bydlon View Post
    The Epic-W stills are pretty awesome in a lot of situations. It a few other I wouldn’t be as confident it can beat my D810. Overall I have been pulling more and more stills from the 8K files. To me this is the biggest reason i’ll Stay with 8K.
    This is the primary reason I am going from Epic-W Helium to DSMC2 Helium via the $4,950 offer(sick). Stills, baby. Gemini is great and all(I think, still haven't tested it) but at half the resolution I would no longer have my Red as a stills option, for me it just doesn't work.

Can we all just jump 30k feet into the air and look at the big picture?

If Jarred and team did not do this, I'm not so sure MANY of us would be able to afford DSMC3 in 2-3 years. This is absolutely a strategy for Red to remain a financially viable camera company and keep Red shooters in the game. I'm wiping my brow right now. What a necessary fucking move by Red.

BTW, a lot of you are seeing this for what it is, and you are my people, level headed - especially you Weapon owners who are swallowing big. Big ups to you.

I honestly can't decide between going from Epic-W to Gemini or Weapon. If I didn't f do so many corporate shoots where I fake multi camera shoots by cropping down to 4K from 8K, I'd be Gemini all the way. First world problem. Anyhow, unified is going to eliminate a lot of headaches from future upgrade deals. Great long term move guys.
    Ryan Sauvé | @sauvedp
    Epic-W #7950
    Nikon Z6

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bydlon View Post
    As a current Epic-W owner if I move to the new DSMC2 Gemini instead of DSMC2 Helium will this be a longer path to Monstro?

Monstro is our end goal and we're trying to eliminate as many detours as possible, if possible. And at this time Epic-W cannot go straight to Monstro with the information I've gathered.

Thanks.
    There is a pathway directly from Epic W to Monstro.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...or-trade/page2
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    but, but if you bought that high end of a camera, like most rental companies, you didn't loose value, because you weren't looking to sell for a profit, you were looking to rent it, as a tool, or with you and that price is not going to change. just keep on keeping on.
    Aside from the Monster sensor, rental houses that dropped $50k+ on the Weapon Helium are now going to be competing with owner operators renting out the same camera based on its $25k price. If you're matching market rates then I have to imagine those will get lower for the Weapon Helium.
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    These upgrades start next month. Of course, depends where you are in queue (going in order of upgrade request received to schedule).
    Any update regarding receiving some sort of email comformation that our name was added to the queue?

Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    Any update regarding receiving some sort of email comformation that our name was added to the queue?
    Would like confirmation also!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Lewis View Post
    This is the primary reason I am going from Epic-W Helium to DSMC2 Helium via the $4,950 offer(sick). Stills, baby. Gemini is great and all(I think, still haven't tested it) but at half the resolution I would no longer have my Red as a stills option, for me it just doesn't work.
    Damn, see I’ve always been curious about this also. Is 5k stills just not decent at all? I am GEMINI all the way but would love to be able to pull some high quality stills. Any comparison thread on this?
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030