Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    I have a S-W monochrome. When I upgrade to DSMC2 Gemini, would I get back a DSMC2 Gemini Monochrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Miro View Post
    From a valuation POV this price drop doesn’t make sense
    They addressed this in the opening post. It doesn't make sense. But beyond that I think it fundamentally comes down to a question of "are we selling tools, or are we selling investments" and I think it's pretty clear where they come out on that. Totally sucks for everyone who took the different approach, but... these are tools to make art, not bonds, so past a certain point you can't expect too much, right? And Instead of assuming they're hurting, I think it's equally possible that they're flush yet humble enough to admit they've made mistakes and can deliver more if they get leaner.

On the Apple issue (cars aren't the best comparison because the fluctuation in tech pricing is worlds away from automobiles), I definitely can't imagine them slashing prices like this. But I also can't imagine them making decisions that are genuinely motivated by a desire to give users better equipment at lower prices instead of appeasing shareholders. Two sides to every coin. And if inflated prices are the only thing responsible for a tech company's prestige, well, they won't be around for too long... World moves too fast for that.

Dreaming of Gemini...

Thanks Jarred

Just a small question, maybe it has been posted somewhere. Since we have a Weapon Helium can you have the logos exchanged so instead of Weapon it says DSCM2?
    Not so much for ourselves, but mostly to avoid confusing if anyone is renting or if you come to a shoot.
    /Andreas
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    2 x RED DSCM2 8K Helium, Phantom 4K VEO990, Movi Pro Gimbal, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogesh Khubchandani View Post
    I have a S-W monochrome. When I upgrade to DSMC2 Gemini, would I get back a DSMC2 Gemini Monochrome?
    As of today Gemini exists in RED's lineup only as a color sensor...
    I think right now the only black and white camera brain available from RED is the DSMC2 Helium Monochrome ... and it looks like a MONSTRO Mono is in the works to bring some 8K FF VV BW awesomeness.
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wahba View Post
    Brent, can I get a job at RED? You guys are awesome. Thanks for the continuous information!

Not joking either
    Ive fantasized about this many times myself
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

So everybody is happy, with the exeption of the CF People. We spent a lot.. CF Epic, Upgrade to Weapon CF, Upgrade to Helium or purchasing a new Weapon Helium CF. Some People did a Financing of the product and now - almost 40% lost.
    I am now 9 years part of the RED camera owner and RED changed my "filming-life" totally. Therefor I am really grateful. And also the new product clearance is a good step, but.. as I said, it would be fine to find a better solution for the CF People.

What I think about is who paid 30K for EPIC-W.
    Paid 30K already and have to pay 5k more then total cost for GEMINI gonna be 35K which priced 20K as a new one now.
    S-W owner can get GEMINI much more cheaper if you think about total cost.

So I'd like to suggest more logical way for upgrade.
    Must be fair for everybody otherwise it will come gambling to buy RED camera.

I'm not confused or complain about my situation at all.
    But I'm afraid of purchase RED camera in the future if RED can't have logical thinking. I don't like gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Bobby, please read the support page: https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001330348
    Is it possbile to upgrade Weapon MG to the unified body AND keep the original Dragon Sensor? What would be the cost (without buying the Gemini/Helium/Monstro sensor)?

Thanks

Pat

PS: I love Dragon's 6k at S35mm, and if you do a S35 Monstro I'll upgrade it immediatly) ;-)
    PS 2: Ok so should I reevaluate my insurance policy for Weapon MG to (19'500 - 6'950) = 12'550 instead of 29'500?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas F. Scheucher View Post
    So everybody is happy, with the exeption of the CF People. We spent a lot.. CF Epic, Upgrade to Weapon CF, Upgrade to Helium or purchasing a new Weapon Helium CF. Some People did a Financing of the product and now - almost 40% lost.
    I am now 9 years part of the RED camera owner and RED changed my "filming-life" totally. Therefor I am really grateful. And also the new product clearance is a good step, but.. as I said, it would be fine to find a better solution for the CF People.
    Exactly this. I love RED. I really do. I was so happy to get my new Helium S35. The fact that this was done talking about how great it was for everyone and the people that just dumped $70k for a package weren’t meantioned at all makes my stomach churn. I’m happy for those that can now afford it, but doing so on the backs of people who just invested in your high end product and clipping their knees out from under them doesn’t sit well. We are the ones out there singing the praises of RED and pushing the gear, still trying to open the eyes to people who have had bad experiences from early legacy models. Before I could at least argue a premium rental rate, but by cutting the price don’t think our rental rates will plummet as well.

I just wish the people that bought in weren’t forgotten and in-fact punished both in the purchase, but also in the upgrade path.