Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    ok so lets say i "downgrade" to the gemini from my 8k epic w for free. Would that "upgraded" gemini 5k dsmc2 camera still be eligible for for the current upgrade price of VV for 39,500 down the road? Or will the upgrade price become whatever the VV price is at that moment?

2. #92 upgrade 
    So this question was asked earlier, ..

owning an Epic-W helium what does the upgrade gain other then just 60fps @ 8k????

Will it bake in color to Prores @ 4k??? THAT I could use and make money with!!!!!!

What is the advanyage here?? 60fps@8k I could care less about.
    If I don't ungrade the board will the camera still be serviced/supported by Red?

Curtis
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k (Spanky)
    Komodo 6k (baby)
    Sigma Cinema zoom set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set
    Various other strange or vintage lenses

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpostas View Post
    Hopefully I'm just misinterpreting this new infirmation, but it looks like the Monstro is now $54k new, (which is only $5k more than what I paid for Helium) but now the upgrade jumped from $29k to $39.5k?? please say it ain't so
    Remember, Don't try and figure out the math , it will drive you bonkers. :)

However, i think it is only fair if you are an existing Weapon Helium owner though you can still upgrade for the old price untl the current monstro sensor batch inventory runs out... that seems kinda fair.... since those have already been amortized. Brent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    I’m sitting here looking at my two Monstro VV cameras.... One of which I was about to put up for sale since I would like to offload it in favor of a Gemini. I suppose now it’s better to just sell the VV sensor and get a Gemini sensor for that body, maybe. Either way, that $24.5K sudden devaluation was like a swift kick in the balls. Huzzah, everybody!
    Yeah it's a bit of a sting that our Weapon 8k S35 now cost as much as Epic-W used to. My Weapon is less than a year old...
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    At the bottom of the page it doesn't mention MX sensors besides the RED One
    You are correct, sir. Adding that in.

Mind blown and now my decision has been made easy for me, Thanks Jarred!!! HELIUM 8k 60fps upgrade via new DSMC2 internals for 5k.... I am sticking with my 8k and upgrading board. Will pick up a GEMINI after I offload this RAVEN. This is a huge plus for the entire line of cameras and in the long run will make the sensor swap program run much more smoothly.
    Jason Bodnar
    VisibleLightCreative - "It is light that makes everything visible"
    Cinematographer
    RED DSMC2 8K Helium
    RED DSMC2 RAVEN 4.5K Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by ignacio guzman View Post
    ok so lets say i "downgrade" to the gemini from my 8k epic w for free. Would that "upgraded" gemini 5k dsmc2 camera still be eligible for for the current upgrade price of VV for 39,500 down the road? Or will the upgrade price become whatever the VV price is at that moment?
    I don't think it's free, that's the kicker. I believe it's $4,950.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Remember, Don't try and figure out the math , it will drive you bonkers. :)

However, i think it is only fair if you are an existing Weapon Helium owner though you can still upgrade for the old price untl the current monstro sensor batch inventory runs out... that seems kinda fair.... since those have already been amortized. Brent?
    Sold. WEAPON CF folks (I would say both DRAGON and HELIUM) can upgrade to MONSTRO still for $29.5K (contact your rep, won't be online) until MONSTRO sensors in house run out.

I assume this means the $12,500 Scarlet-W is going away for good though, right? So the only camera available for under $19,500 will be the Raven going forward when the current S-W inventory is cleared out?

Scarlet-W

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ignacio guzman View Post
    That's what makes this all so interesting. You will have arguments that it's not a downgrade. Sure price would appear to make it so.. but we see more and more that there is specific scenarios where Helium beats Gemini and Gemini beats Helium. That's kind of the whole point of all this... its like saying a sportscar is always better than a SUV or vice versa.