Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ignacio guzman View Post
    ok so lets say i "downgrade" to the gemini from my 8k epic w for free. Would that "upgraded" gemini 5k dsmc2 camera still be eligible for for the current upgrade price of VV for 39,500 down the road? Or will the upgrade price become whatever the VV price is at that moment?
    That's what makes this all so interesting. You will have arguments that it's not a downgrade. Sure price would appear to make it so.. but we see more and more that there is specific scenarios where Helium beats Gemini and Gemini beats Helium. That's kind of the whole point of all this... its like saying a sportscar is always better than a SUV or vice versa.

I am a Weapon Mg owner. How much is it to upgrade to Weapon Helium and how much is it to upgrade to Monstro VV?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpostas View Post
    I'm reallllllly hoping there's been some type of mistake on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The math wont make sense right now. Donít try and make sense of it.

Thatís the only silver lining I see. Hopefully we wonít be forgotten
    Red Weapon Helium
    GL Optics Leica R
    Nikkor
    PresidentialFilmPhoto.com
    Cinematography & Fashion/Glamour Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Remember, Don't try and figure out the math , it will drive you bonkers. :)

However, i think it is only fair if you are an existing Weapon Helium owner though you can still upgrade for the old price untl the current monstro sensor batch inventory runs out... that seems kinda fair.... since those have already been amortized. Brent?
    Yes that seems fair relative to old pricing.... but if a new Monstro is now only $54k, then a $4,950 upgrade price for us Weapon Helium CF owners would be the new fair and I would do that today.
    RYAN POSTAS
    WEAPON HELIUM OWNER "RED ZEPPELIN'
    LOS ANGELES, CA

Hmmm, as a Weapon Helium Monochrome owner (upgraded from Epic Dragon Mono), this hurts a lot.. Already to pay so high for the ultimate niche camera is hard, but to see the value of it drop by 50% is quite painful... I am all for the democratization of gear, and kudos to you guys for the work in that domain, but this is a tough pill to swallow..

@Jarred, for the $49,000 the Helium Mono was selling for yesterday, today you can buy the same camera, get the Armour-W AND buy a Helium color sensor.. Help us out!
    Simran Dewan
    cinematographer | www.simrandewan.com
    CF Weapon Helium 8K Monochrome / Monstro 8K VV

CineGround Media Inc.
    www.cineground.com
    Cameras - Post-Production

On one hand it looks like it's a very wrong time to be a Weapon Helium CF owner ... I need to start recalculating on that ROI. But on the other hand.... I have a feeling things can get better for us...

This is awesome. Trying to tell people the difference in our camera line-up was always really really confusing. Now it all unified.
    Jacob Schwarz
    Director / DP
    www.jacobschwarz.net
    Monstro 8K (Storm) 33 / Forged Helium 8K #29 / Epic-W
    Follow Me: Twitter / YouTube

Jarred, Brent,

I might repeat myself but what about us Monstro VV owners that took a huge leap of faith buying a camera as expensive as this?
    I got mine a couple of months ago, after 1 hour of shooting had to send it in for service so it was gone for a month so i couldnt make any money with it and now I have been using it for just a short period of time and the price dropped drastically?
    Normally I get pretty excited about the news around here but this just feels like being left out in the cold. Even if it was only temporarily.

This is great for anyone besides us Weapon (and Monstro) owners. Our camera values just dropped in half and it now cost $10K more than before for Monstro upgrade. Truly a downgrade for us :(
    Cinematographer
    www.derrickcohan.com

2X RED Gemini Packages
    Fujinon 19-90mm
    Sigma Cine Zooms
    Teradek RT
    Movi Pro

Hey Jarred

Can Weapon CF owners get a little more of a carrot for loosing half the value of their body? I mean this stings. Even if it was something that is punted down the road and we get a killer deal on a DSMC3 body.

I am not complaining because I am all for the march of technology and democratization of tools, but specifically it was stated that being in the Weapon class camera would be the sweet spot moving forward. So I made my decision based on that. I would have been fine staying with the Mg.