Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    DJ, if you click to request an upgrade, you will see what time slots are open. If it is a path with time slots yet determined, we will reach out to you with time slot options when available. Depending on what you are upgrading from/to, it is varied.

But, I know for "to GEMINI" upgrades, it will commence in June.
    Thanks for the reply, Brent, but I was referring to the price of a Weapon Helium 8K -> Montro upgrade. Previously was $29,500 (and still is on the site). New pricing has that at $39,500, but when does that increase go live?

It looks like it will cost $4950 for RED Epic-W Helium owners to upgrade to DMSC 2 Gemini or the DMSC 2 Helium board?

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Buchanan View Post
    Upgrading to Monstro from Weapon is now $40k? But the camera is worth $54,5k. Did anyone think of the Weapon owners in this equation?
    Yes for Weapon Helium owners, our camera value just halved!! And to move into the Monstro went up an additional 33%. So the owners who had carefully choose to be in a Weapon class camera, because we were told by Jared the Weapon class would be where we need to be for all further updates. And that is true, just didn't expect the bottom to come crashing up to the top.

I don't want to complain, because I have made money off the my investment in RED, and I have been on the positive end of most Red price changes and upgrades. Just hurts to be on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    DJ, if you click to request an upgrade, you will see what time slots are open. If it is a path with time slots yet determined, we will reach out to you with time slot options when available. Depending on what you are upgrading from/to, it is varied.

But, I know for "to GEMINI" upgrades, it will commence in June.
    When I click the Epic-W to Weapon upgrade it sends me to a dead page.

Are there ever going to be any upgrade paths for Raven ?

Jarred & Brent, just awesome!!
    Thank you very much for this opportunity to upgrade and sorry for my constant annoying questioning ;) as always, happy to be on this trip again with all you guys!
    sergioherencias.com - guavemotion.ch
    director // cinematographer // motion designer

They just updated the "product pages" in the past 60 seconds to this one: http://www.red.com/products/dsmc2

I refreshed the home page just now and saw the change.

Scarlet-W

Any word regarding price protection for those who purchased Gemini's in the last few weeks?

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Brian Dada View Post
    Wow Jarred, I am totally stunned you brought the price as low as you promised before. I can't imagine how that works out for RED but color me impressed.

Question -- I just bought a Scarlet-W (15 hours on brain) from a third party (one of the vendors who also sells RED new products). I received it last week and haven't filled out the Transfer of Ownership form yet because I'm out of town until mid-June. What are my options here? Can I still fill out the Transfer of Ownership and be allowed into this upgrade this summer, or are those of us who didn't do the ToO yet out of luck?

Congrats to everyone who is jumping in right away!
    Not out of luck at all.

Hey Brent,

I'm a bit confused. I thought you pay €12900 and get to DSMC2 Gemini (From SW Upgrade).

So is it correct that from there on it's $4950 to switch from DSMC2 Gemini to DSMC2 Helium? Or is it $9500? :s
    Featured on Shot On Red.
    RED Scarlet-W Owner.

Mario Gonsalves
    Director / DOP
    www.mariogonsalves.com