Thread: Wake surf - Monstro and Dog Shildt Flare factory.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Wake surf - Monstro and Dog Shildt Flare factory. 
    Brought Monstro to my friends Bartchelor party. So no pro wake surfers in this film. Instead we got some slightly over weight, over aged film and computer dudes tumbling around behind the boat for the first time. :)

Weather was super and normally this time of year around Stockholm you dont even dip your toes. Now, dont know if it´s global warmning or pure luck, the water well above 20 degrees. Was a really nice evening.

Just editited and tossed a universal grade on in resolve. Amazing how monstro handled the way over exposed highlights and overall harsh light. Did not have more than a screw on ND6 and the lens does not have iris so used super short shutters, like 8 deg most of the time. Which explaines the quite studdery look especially in the 25fps stuff. What to say, we where getting drunk, would for sure have been better to shoot more highspeed to keep exposure down :)

The grade could be done much better for sure, even the white outs have way more coverage, but just wanted to this slapped together sitting on my laptop so did not want to fiddle with with individual clips.

Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

Nice one. What lens (length/image circle) did you use?
    I've got a black belt in keeping it real!

Quote Originally Posted by Giles Harvey View Post
    Nice one. What lens (length/image circle) did you use?
    It was a a flare factory with a wide front element so a 38mm lens. Shot most of it in FF8k but as we fiddled with the menues some was also in wide screen so when editing I cropped it all down to 2.35 The lens barely covers FF 8k it gets quite a vinjette towards the corners, but like that at times as it usually puts a nice gradient to the skies.
    Björn Benckert
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

It was the vignetting I was looking at hence the lens question. I shoot Leica R's and in HD 8K 28mm upwards is vignette free. The main thing I can see about the camera is the skin tones. I've shooting some fashion and boy does the Monstro love that work
    I've got a black belt in keeping it real!

This lens have some lipstic colored interior and a brass iris so not sure skincolor gets "right" but I find the images from monstro, as they are so clean, far easer to warp the colors around without the image breaking.
    Björn Benckert
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo