Thread: GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini 
    GROUP BUY HAS CONCLUDED. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS A HUGE SUCCESS!

EDIT: In less than 24hrs we've unlocked the full 25% off discount!

EDIT 2: There will be NO TAX on this purchase for everyone who lives outside of NY/NJ.

EDIT 3: I just got permission to extend the buy until June 30th for the few people I'm talking to who needed an extra couple of days to sort things out. Nothing changes for everyone who put in their order before June 22nd. The original list goes out to the sales reps this afternoon and they will begin contacting you soon. There will be no delay in processing your order. For anyone else who wants to participate, this group buy is now extended until June 30th for your convenience. Thank you.

Hey hey, Travis here. I ran the very successful Digital Sputnik DS1 group buy and I’m back with another hot deal for everyone here at REDuser.

About 6 months ago, I was on the hunt for a punchy, color accurate light with RGB capabilities to use as a key for interviews and some upcoming product commercials. I wanted a fixture that was bright enough to compete in a room with ambient light while also having the flexibility to wash color on a subject or background without having to add gels. While poking around one of my favorite youtube channels, Luke Seerveld’s Meet the Gaffer, I came across his “quick, unscientific comparison test” between the Gemini and Arri’s well-known Skypanel.

I was immediately impressed by the Gemini. It has about 90% of the output of the Skypanel S-60 with a much smaller footprint and thoughtful ergonomics. A lot of my projects are fairly nimble and we travel all over the world, so weight is definitely a factor when I’m purchasing any lighting or grip equipment. At about half the weight of the Skypanel, with a built-in ballast, the Gemini is a winner, not to mention it is significantly more affordable even with the add-ons of a snapbag and grid.

Litepanels has been in the business since 2005 and have a history of outstanding quality control and customer service. I use their products on every shoot and have never had an issue, so I was excited to purchase the Gemini and start testing it out!

One of the first things I noticed when I unboxed the Gemini is the quality of the craftsmanship and the thoughtful design of the control panel. Each setting is customizable and with the control panel on the bottom of the device, it’s easy to adjust even when it’s been mounted and placed above the head on a stand. The Gemini is bright, looks amazing on skin (97-99 CRI) and its selection of built-in gels and FX makes it the most versatile light in my collection. I bring it on every set!

The Gemini’s color capabilities are varied and vast. From built-in Lee and Rosco gels, to special FX modes like emergency lights, fire, lightning, hue burst, strobe, tv monitor and more, the Gemini is an essential lighting fixture for nearly any scenario from corporate, to docu-series or narrative. Each of the FX modes is individually customizable and you can change and tweak every aspect of each effect to your individual preferences.

As someone who’s been in production for almost a decade now, it’s clear to me that this light was carefully and thoughtfully designed. An example of attention to detail, turning the dim/intensity knob slowly means the Gemini dims or intensifies by factors of 0.1 and turning the knob quickly changes the output in accordance to the speed of the rotation. It’s a simple thing but these tiny details increase the ease and joy of using the Gemini on set.

Here’s a commercial I DP’d recently for Kemps Milk using the Gemini with a snapbag directly on the talent and product to key. For this look, we were going for a nice, clean daylight interior and the Gemini had to keep up with my M18s and Joker 800 working in the background.

And I’m not the only one who loves this light! One of my good friends and frequent collaborators, Morgan Cooper (Cooperfilms on IG and YouTube) bought two after a short test run in my office. Check out some of his recent frames using the Gemini.

REDuser legend Phil Holland has 3 Geminis in his main kit as well. Check out his IG here: https://www.instagram.com/philhollandphfx/

To sum up, I love this light and wanted to put together a group buy to save us all some money and show everyone what this light can do! Thanks to the amazing team at Litepanels for their generosity and help in putting this together.

So, onto the deal.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

The group buy starts June 6th, 2018 and runs until June 30th, 2018. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of units that can be purchased for this discount but the deal ends at midnight on June 30th, so please tell your friends so they don't miss out.

List price for the Gemini is $4,218.

REDuser Exclusive Pricing

XXX

Shipping anywhere in the continental US is FREE

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

I will be running this group buy, so please direct all questions to me. I'll be in contact with everyone throughout this process and at the conclusion of the buy, will be sending a list of names, addresses and relevant info to the sales rep who will contact each of you individually to process your order. We have two dedicated sales reps who will be contacting you all starting immediately after the buy ends and everyone will have 14 days to pay for their order before the discount expires. That's how this works!

Any questions, hit me up and I'lll try to get them answered as quickly as possible. Thanks to everyone for making this an awesome community. Please share this deal with your friends at REDuser so we can get as many people on board as possible.

Gemini Specs
    325w
    2700-6000k
    CRI/TLCI 97-99
    Built in DMX, optional wireless DMX, bluetooth
    Output 9970lx (equivalent of 927fc) at 1m (3.28ft)

Lastly, here's a great review video and article by the team at Newsshooter going over the menu and the specs in detail.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/03/...-panel-review/

And a video from Litepanels explaining the bluetooth dongle and how it works in the app!

FAQ Section

1. Is there a delay when switching gels, fx or hue/saturation while in color mode?
    A. I haven't experienced any delay at all. Check my IG stories for a live video where I demonstrate how quickly the colors transition.

2. Does the Litepanels Gemini have the same issues that other RGB-W fixtures have when it comes to processing "white light"
    A. Quote from the newsshooter review article "We are starting to see a lot more lighting companies using RGB-W technology. RGB-W stands for Red, Green, Blue & Warm White. Most LED lights on the market create white light by mixing red, green, and blue, which unless it is done well, can create undesirable colour spikes. With most RGB-W, an extra white chip is added into the mix. By mixing all four, a wide range of colours can be created and in theory, the light produced when all four are at full brightness should appear to be almost white. With the Litepanels Gemini, the fixture is RGB-WW, and they they use 5 chips, not 4. The extra chip means the Gemini not only has warm white chip, but also a white chip. This is different than say the ARRI SkyPanel, where they are actually mixing colors to obtain white.

3. Is this deal available outside the US?
    A. Sorry, US-residents only this time around. Apologies.

4. Are the Litepanels branded accessories for the Gemini available at a discount as well?
    A. Yes! Select, approved Gemini accessories are now also part of this group buy. Details above!

xxx

Follow on IG
    https://www.instagram.com/litepanels
    https://www.instagram.com/traviswears/
    https://www.instagram.com/cooperfilms/
    https://www.instagram.com/philhollandphfx/
    https://www.instagram.com/thenewsshooter/

Follow on YouTube
    Meet the Gaffer | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7...vyc0j55qWDrjZQ
    Newsshooter | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxF...7goLGZeZ1QLqOQ
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 07-02-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

MASTER LIST

1. Scot Yount (3X snapbag, 3X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 3X barn doors, 3X bt dongles)
    2. Scot Yount
    3. Scot Yount
    4. Andrew Thomas (1x bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    5. Ben Meserve (1X snapbag)
    6. Charles Papert (1 bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    7. Christopher Gosch (1X snapbag, 1X hard case)
    8. Tylor Jones
    9. Michael Wahba
    10. Tim Daust (1X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for fixture)
    11. Damien Gordon
    12. Jason Bodnar (1X bt dongle, 1X snapbag)
    13. Brian Morgan
    14. Meryem Ersoz (1X bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X barn doors)
    15. Mitchell Forst
    16. Devin Bousquet (2X bt dongle, 1X barn doors, 1X 40 deg grid for fixture)
    17. Jon Carr (2X bt dongle, 2X snapbag)
    18. Scott Selman (1X snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    19. Scot Yount
    20. Jon Dishler (2X bt dongle, 2X snapbag)
    21. John Dempsey (1X snapbag, 1X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    22. Jonathan Powell (1X snapbag, 2X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    23. Jonathan Powell
    24. Todd S (3X bt dongle, 1X barn doors, 1X snapbag, 1X grid for snapbag)
    25. Tyler Bourns (1X barn doors, 1X snapbag)
    26. Jacob Schwarz (3X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for fixture, 2X barn doors)
    27. Jacob Schwarz
    28. Jacob Schwarz
    29. Kenneth Merrill (60 deg honeycomb)
    30. Nathan Skillen (2X snapbag, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    31. Nathan Skillen
    32. Travis Edwards (1X snapbag)
    33. Spencer Byam-Taylor (1X bt dongle, 1X snapbag)
    34. Tyson Perkins (2X bt dongle, 2X barn doors, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2X snapbag)
    35. Tyson Perkins
    36. Nicholas Branstetter (2X snapbags, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    37. Nicholas Branstetter
    38. David Winters (2X snapbag, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    39. David Winters
    40. Kyle Bainter (2X bt dongle, 2X hard cases)
    41. Kyle Bainter
    42. Steve Smith (1X snapbag, 1X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    43. Kyle Gentz (2X bt dongle, 2X snapbag, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2 cases)
    44. Kyle Gentz
    45. Jon Carr
    46. Alexander Mandiola (1X bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X hard case)
    47. Sean Solowiej (1X barn doors, 1X snapbag, 1X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    48. Isaac Alongi
    49. Troy Bakewell (5X bt dongles)
    50. Troy Bakewell
    51. Troy Bakewell
    52. Troy Bakewell
    53. Troy Bakewell
    54. George Mullinix
    55. Joseph Farris (2X snapbag, 2X case, 1X dual-unit yoke)
    56. Joseph Farris
    57. Lucas Miller (1X bt dongle)
    58. Andrew Jorgenson
    59. Andrew Jorgenson
    60. Andrew Jorgenson
    61. Andrew Jorgenson
    62. Mark Farag (1X snapbag, 2X barn doors, 2X bt dongle)
    63. James Latimer (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    64. Derek Dudek (2X bt dongles, 2X snapbag, 2X barn doors, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    65. Derek Dudek
    66. Matt Ferguson (1bt dongle)
    67. Christopher Bell (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    68. Mathew Kodath (3X snapbags, 3X bt dongle, 3X hard casess, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X barn door, 1X dual-unit yoke)
    69. Mathew Kodath (1X 40 deg grid for fixture)
    70. Mathew Kodath
    71. David Kiang (1X barn doors, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    72. Jeff Lazzarino (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X barn doors)
    73. William Timmer (1X barn doors, 1X bt dongle, 1X 40 deg grid for fixture)
    74. Matthew Smith
    75. Jeff W (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle, 1X hard case)
    76. Ian D'Amelia (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    77. Scott Pulz (2X bt dongle)
    78. David Anderson (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    79. Josh Tyron (1X snapbag, 1X grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    80. Josh Tyron
    81. Timothy Jones
    82. Dave Brick (3X hard case, 3X bt dongle)
    83. Dave Brick
    84. Dave Brick
    85. David Kudell (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    86. Nick Mahar (1X bt dongle)
    87. David Groves (1X bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    88. Remington Chase (2X bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    89. Remington Chase
    90. Anthony Berenato Jr (1X snapbag, 2X bt dongle)
    91. Anthony Berenato Jr
    92. Paul Bradburn (1X snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    93. Drew Levin (1X bt dongle, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    94. Josiah Sjöström (1X 60 deg honeycomb)
    95. Alexander Mitchell (4X 60 deg honeycombs, 4X snapbags, 4X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 4X bt dongles)
    96. Alexander Mitchell (2X dual-unit yoke)
    97. Alexander Mitchell
    98. Alexander Mitchell
    99. Jon Dishler
    100. Ryan Kroboth (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    101. James McClain
    102. Mike Courian (1X bt dongle, 1X hard case)
    103. Scott Pulz
    104. Troy Underwood (2X snapbag, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2X bt dongles, 2X honeycomb)
    105. Troy Underwood
    106. Mark Farag
    107. David Wendt (2X bt dongles, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X barn doors)
    108. David Wendt
    109. Tony Laguna (3X bt dongles, 3X snapbags, 3X hard cases, 3X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 3X barn doors)
    110. Tony Laguna
    111. Tony Laguna
    112. Jim Hoffman (1X barn doors, 1X bt dongle, 1X hard case)
    113. Philip Stoll (1X bt dongle)
    114. Michael Raby (2X bt dongles)
    115. Kirby Hamilton (2X bt dongles, 1X barn door, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    116. Kirby Hamilton
    117. Timothy Jones
    118. Marshall Rose (1X snapgrid, 1X hard case, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    119. Gerry Polinsky (2X snapbag, 2X bt dongles, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2X barn doors)
    120. Gerry Polinsky
    121. Robert Martignetti (2X hard cases, 2X snapbags, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2X bt dongles)
    122. Robert Martignetti
    123. Buj Bujnowski
    124. Olivier Gresse (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag)
    125. Colin Morvan (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dangle)
    126. Ryan Williams (1X dual unit yoke, 1X 60 deg honeycomb, 2X bt dongle, 2X snapbag, 2X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2X barn doors)
    127. Ryan Williams
    128. Ho Zhen Jie
    129. Ho Zhen Jie
    130. Evan Jake Cohen (1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle, 1X hard case)
    131. Bryan Koss (2X snapbag, 2X 60 deg honeycomb, 2 40 deg grid for snapbag, 2X bt dongle)
    132. Bryan Koss
    133. Morgan Ryan (1X 60 deg honeycomb, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    134. Trent Watts (1X 60 deg honeycomb, 1X snapbag, 1X 40 deg grid for snapbag, 1X bt dongle)
    135. Curtis Boggs (1X snapbag)
    136. Manolo Mendieta (1X snapbag)

- Gemini Hard Case (MSRP $610) 24X orders placed
    - Gemini Dual-unit Yoke (MSRP $510) 5X orders placed
    - Gemini 60 Degree Honeycomb (MSRP $255) | 13X orders placed
    - Gemini Barn Doors (MSRP $300) | 30X orders placed
    - Gemini Snapbag Softbox (MSRP $560) | 86X orders placed
    - Gemini 40 Degree Eggcrate for Snapbag (MSRP $330) | 61X orders placed
    - Gemini 40 Degree Eggcrate for Fixture (MSRP $385) | 5X orders placed
    - Gemini Bluetooth Dongle (MSRP $99) | 102X orders placed
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 07-05-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

MASTER LIST CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 06-06-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

I scored two of these during a brief, but deep, NAB special from B&H.
    Simply AMAZING instruments. I am super curious to see pricing. I'm hungry for more!

To everyone else: Do this.
    S-W #6350 "Moonshot"

Quote Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
    Simply AMAZING instruments. I am super curious to see pricing. I'm hungry for more!

I bought one about 6 months ago and it's my favorite light. I use Gemini on every shoot. The new FX settings are so versatile and this discount is unbeatable. Posting soon.
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 06-06-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

I'm in, depending on price. 22 pounds is amazing, too.

Scarlet-W

Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd S View Post

Discount is live.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth C Merrill View Post
    Count me in!
    Group buy is live! How many?
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

I want three. Any chance you will be able to get a deal on the snap bag, snap grid (40 degrees for me) or barn doors?
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 Version 2
    RED Pro Zooms and Primes
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.