Thread: GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini

Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    So I just got my 2 BT Dongles today from Badorama and they are Manfrotto dongles for LYKOS led lights. Is that right? I thought I was ordering legit Gemini accessories.
    Manfrotto and Litepanels are part of the Vice Group. The dongles are the same for both products.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Hey Jason

Just now got my BT dongle and Im having the same problem you had. Tried installing/uninstalling the LYKOS app about 5 times now with no luck. Ive also flashed the latest Gemini firmware a couple of times. Wondering if there was anything else you might have done to get it working.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bodnar View Post
    Update- Very strange but after removing the app and reinstalling three times it actually showed Gemini instead of a lightbulb as connected device type. Now I have full control and it is working just great but wish the app had Fx mode available. Maybe they will add in next app update.

Starting to wonder if they sent me the wrong BT dongle, all sorts of problems. Although connected via light and app there is no control over light other than dim nor do any of the controls match the controls the app is supposed to have over the light. Bit frustrated but hoping it has been a long weekend and I am just missing something obvious.

It seems the key to getting the app to work is to connect it initially and then close the app AND turn off the Gemini. I tried several times without success. It was only after turning off the Gemini that the app worked and finally recognized the light as the name "Gemini" rather than a lightbulb as mentioned by Jason. Seems to work well. I also wish the Effects Mode was available. That, and it would be great if they released the app on Android. Finally, for clarification, the LYKOS app didn't work for me. Only the Litepanels Director SLD App worked.
    Last edited by Mark Farag; 09-10-2018 at 05:37 PM.

I received my litepanels gemini, how to mount it on a stand, what accessory do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier Gresse View Post
    I received my litepanels gemini, how to mount it on a stand, what accessory do I need?
    If you're looking to mount it to a beefy baby or anything with a baby pin, you can use the Matthews Junior to Baby adapter here. I have a few of these for mine, for when a junior receiver isn't available. Otherwise, you can use the junior pin on the yoke.

https://www.adorama.com/mt429301.htm...hredirect=true
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

I bought some of these in the GB and freakin' love 'em! Should of bought more. I need another one by next week for a big shoot. Anyone order too many and want to sell one?

Someone can give me a link to download the Litepanels SmartLite app please. On the litepanels website the link doesn't work ! Thanks