Thread: Hawk V Lite coverage on MONSTRO

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Hawk V Lite coverage on MONSTRO 
    Hi guys -

I am trying to figure out at what resolution Hawk V Lites cover on the MONSTRO.
    Has anybody tested this combo yet?

Thanks!
    Tim
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    timsessler.com & brooklynaerials.com | RED Monstro 8K VV

Just following up on this - anybody having some experience with the Monstro VV + Hawk V-Lite combo?

Cheers!
    Tim
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Senior Member Christopher Probst's Avatar
    7K Anamorphic 6:5 mode nearly matches the vertical height of Academy anamorphic spec exactly, so all of the V-Lites, include the wides cover 7K ANA... the focal lengths above the 55mm should all cover 8K ANA, but don't have the wider focal lengths here to test their coverage.

That should be a start at least...
    Christopher Probst, ASC
    director of photography
    Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Probst View Post
    7K Anamorphic 6:5 mode nearly matches the vertical height of Academy anamorphic spec exactly, so all of the V-Lites, include the wides cover 7K ANA... the focal lengths above the 55mm should all cover 8K ANA, but don't have the wider focal lengths here to test their coverage.

Incredible - that is super helpful! Will have to properly test them all at 8K 6:5/4:3 some time and will report back.

Thanks,
    Tim

I wish there was a 7.5k ANA mode. Lots of ana glas that just barely get dark corners in 8k 6:5 feels sad to have to bump down a full K to get rid of them.

OR to take it a step further I dont understand why we have the presets we got for resolution. Would it not be better to to simply choose any aspect ratio and then pretty much have a slider for resolution. Then save your own wanted presets.
    As it is not there is pretty much all the differnt formats one can think of still, I often find the once I want to be missing. A completely open approach I think would be less buttons to push and easier to understand for the user.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro

You could always shoot 8k ana and then window it down to 7.5k in post/project settings. Not 100% ideal, but it wouldn't be *that* painful once the procedure was in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Probst View Post

We had ours thrown up on a projector a while back, I'll see if I can dig up the info. The 28mm falls apart outside of it's intended image circle. Lots of falloff at the corners. I think I recall the 45mm performing pretty well in these regards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Myers View Post
    We had ours thrown up on a projector a while back, I'll see if I can dig up the info. The 28mm falls apart outside of it's intended image circle. Lots of falloff at the corners. I think I recall the 45mm performing pretty well in these regards though.
    Interesting - would be wonderful if you could dig up your findings!

Thanks,
    Tim