Thread: The Affect of Cat Pee On RED Accessories... (You'll want to read this)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ii'm sorry for your loss Brandon,
    I think that male cats mark their territory with pee.
    I have 2 female cats and one male cat... is there someone interested in having a cute and innocent kitten that I am giving away?

You know... if you shut off your office lights at night, then turned on a black light... you'll probably be able to tell where the little suckers where aiming at. It's probably more then just the Red stuff.
    Persistence baby, persistence.

The only conclusion that I can arrive at for you is as the english say...that the universe is taking the piss.

The other thing is that a lot of your misshaps seem to have to do with vehicles and over-extending yourself.

I strongly suggest that it is time that you look at some Roy Andersson:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbQbHWrR3E

The horror, the HORROR!!

Good writing tho, after reading your post and with a somewhat raised heartbeat opening the pictures I could litterly feel that amoniac smell.

I feel for your loss man!!

This is devastating, feel for you man.
    Cinematographer, London
    Scarlet-W

www.joshbirchfilms.com
    Reel: https://vimeo.com/290364493

Good god amighty... now that's a story. I now officially feel less sorry for myself.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael McLaughlin View Post
    Are you "really" sure your wife is supportive of your Red purchases.

Just saying...

...this could be some other level sabotage, like that poor bunny got from Glen Close in "Fatal Attractions".

Cause um... that's a lot of cat piss to happen in one confined area.

Just joking (I think).

Cats have this amazing ability to scent mark with finest of mist sprays, when they back their ass up to something.

I would not be suprised if both of the cats got into a scent mark fight, and wafted that shit thru the crack/seams.

And as far as I know the stuff their bodies hold for scent marking is more toxic/smelly then regular piss.
    That was my thought exactly... Wife not digging "the dream".

I was married to a less murderous version of "Gone Girl" so I'm like Hmmmmm Cat 'ehhhh ?

@OP the corrosion products were interesting and exotic to me as former conservator.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

"A little OT but was it really a stroke? Heart attack seems more likely. CPR for a stroke is unusual. In any case it sounds like a pretty interesting year. Maybe a GoPro would be a better camera choice."

Honestly, we're not exactly sure. My wife is a trauma nurse at a level 1 ER and from me explaining the symptoms to her she thinks it was either a Hemorrhagic Stroke, or any aneurysm. Either way he completely stopped breathing on his own... so me and a friend of mine began CPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    Magnesium corrosion products can smell very acidic … / sharp / " flashbang had just gone off in my sinuses" as you say. + mixed with serious acids and concentrated cat urine.

The Cat clearly prefers to shoot with Arri(s).

Cats are sooooo pretentious.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

Similar story: When I still lived in the UK, returned from Holiday in France (14 hours of driving ); stoner kite surf designer (be-dredlocked) neighbor and friend was checking on my property and house while I was gone. As I unlocked the front door (4 am in the morning) a chicken promptly scuttled out only to discover there was chicken sh*t EVERYWHERE upstairs downstairs on all soft furnishings and random eggs laid in the hallways and sofas. Who knew there was so much sh*t in a chicken or that a hen can lay about nine eggs without food ? (The poor hen must have been locked in the house for at least ten days). That was the icing on the cake for me as I had just returned from de-mousing a major mouse infestation in my kitchen at my farm house in France, took two weeks just to make it habitable and vaguely sanitary to the have to leave and come back to "Blighty" to be greeted by 790 festering piles of chicken sh*t everywhere. Had to leave my kids in the car until (6am in the morning) until I could clear a path and carry them up to bed.

I suppose there are much worse things that can happen but it was certainly bizzare how the chicken managed to scoot into the house in the first place... My friend Andy was probably stoned one evening when he checked on the house when the alarm went off and said chicken decided to take an impromptu vacation in the "humans coop".

As far as I know no equipment was destroyed by said chicken.
    Yeah that makes sense. It was unreal how acidic and strong it was.

By the way, thanks for sharing that story with me by the way, definitely made me laugh! I can only imagine how much hell that chicken caused!

Also - update.

I have decided since I really have nothing else to lose at this point so I am currently ripping all the components apart and soaking them in 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and tediously scrubbing all the circuits with a soft toothbrush... I have no clue if this will save anything at this point, but to me, (MAYBE) saving 7,000 dollars is worth a shot
    Last edited by Brandon M Jones; 06-19-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon M Jones View Post
    "A little OT but was it really a stroke? Heart attack seems more likely. CPR for a stroke is unusual. In any case it sounds like a pretty interesting year. Maybe a GoPro would be a better camera choice."

Honestly, we're not exactly sure. My wife is a trauma nurse at a level 1 ER and from me explaining the symptoms to her she thinks it was either a Hemorrhagic Stroke, or any aneurysm. Either way he completely stopped breathing on his own... so me and a friend of mine began CPR.
    I have to admit your "Vortex of doom" that seems to be following you around does seem weird as Sh*t.

I used to work with an X-mercenary on various jobs (he was in Vietnam and just wanted to carry on going / hence campaigns in Angola and other areas; consequently a "few" screws loose.)… Years later in New Mexico (but came from very old rancher / ranch family ) … And just weird sh*t would happen around him all the time, people getting injured, crushed killed whatever totally bizarre; I got into few accidents myself / nearly got killed a couple of times and yet nothing would ever happen to him [He used to work in construction and other people that used to work with him told me the same thing] . Hard to explain that the guy just had this weird "Ju ju" where bad sh*t would happen around him all the time but nothing would ever happen to "Ernie". He's a nice enough guy … But. It was creepy also as every time I would think about him after a while he would phone within two hours; so it was almost like In had to put lead shielding around my head so he wouldn't phone. "Govenor how you doing... !!" "F*ck!"

I don't know who you have to got to get your "vortex of doom" and bizzare happenings shifted into a different orbit or "Dimension". It's a form of adjusted randomness where sh*t happens seems to be tilted towards your "Time line"... Odd. I used to say bad things happen usually come in threes like waiting for busses.

@Brandon M Jones How is RED going to fix or replace some of your gear?

Do you have insurance ?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)