Thread: Trasncode and deliver the footage

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Trasncode and deliver the footage 
    Hi,

I just finished a shooting job for a brand and they just want all the footage with no editing.
    What I need is just doing a bit of color correction on all the footage (pushing and cleaning light and colors), then stabilize some clips, fix the audio of some other clips and deliver the footage in a transcoded file.

What do you recommend to me?
    I probably will choose to use redcinex or resolve (which is best?) to fix and correct the RAW files and then will open them in Premiere to stabilize, fixing audio and transcode.
    Cause I'm totally NO expert with red files, what do you think it's better for my situation?

Thank you.

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Domaine View Post
    Hi,

I just finished a shooting job for a brand and they just want all the footage with no editing.
    What I need is just doing a bit of color correction on all the footage (pushing and cleaning light and colors), then stabilize some clips, fix the audio of some other clips and deliver the footage in a transcoded file.

What do you recommend to me?
    I probably will choose to use redcinex or resolve (which is best?) to fix and correct the RAW files and then will open them in Premiere to stabilize, fixing audio and transcode.
    Cause I'm totally NO expert with red files, what do you think it's better for my situation?

Thank you.

Michel
    Just do everything in Resolve.

Montana, Alabama, Florida, or one of the other states
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Just do everything in Resolve.
    I'm new to RED files also, but that would be my recommendation. Editing in Resolve is super easy if you've never done it before. Stabilizer is great. Audio tools are supposed to be awesome (never used them myself)

This guys tutorials helped me a lot to learn the program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-WhyR-rfUk
    Sterling Williams

RED Scarlet-W
    www.sterlingandrewwilliams.com

Redcine-x : My first attempt at modifying several hundred CLIPS into three sets of (Color_Temp + Tint + ISO) in RedCine-X was not a success (I didn't have time to review the manual to see if it was even possible). EDIT : Pat explains how below!

Resolve
    : Either uses a global or clip value for (Color+Tint+ISO) when you ingest the clips - after which it stores the values in its local Database (ie not with the R3D). If have more than one set of values .. this could be pain. In my case I started modifying the first couple by hand (in the 'Camera Raw' part of the Edit tab) .. before switching to FCP-X (see below) to rapidly set three groups.

FCP-X : Selecting all the clips that you want to change - go into Inspector .. and then Modify RED values - and it will change the R3D values of all the Clips. Now they are ready to import into Resolve (using the Clip values).

Casey Faris' 47 min Crash course : Great Find!

AJ
    Last edited by Antony Newman; 06-26-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Newman View Post
    Redcine-x : My first attempt at modifying several hundred CLIPS into three sets of (Color_Temp + Tint + ISO) in RedCine-X was not a success (I didn't have time to review the manual to see if it was even possible).
    [B]

AJ
    In RCX it's quite easy. You can copy a preset to all clips you select or all clips in a bin.

Aha!

Thanks Pat.

AJ

Thanks anyone and thanks Patrick for the tip.
    I'm using RCX with your tip and I do the transcode and final adjustments in Premiere.
    I don't have so much time but later I will study Resolve with your tutorial Sterling.
    Thank you!