Thread: Advice on home color station

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Advice on home color station 
    I am looking for a way to review and study footage from set. I don't need to transcode, I just want to be able to review 8K monstro footage in real time in either Redcine or Resolve, be able to play with the footage, etc. I currently have a MBP 15" i7 with touch bar. I plan on viewing through my Sony 25inch OLED. Can I add a external GPU to handle this or do I need something else? I have read I can run a Nvidia 1080 TI card now to MBP. Any one else doing this? thanks!
    IATSE - Local 600
    Director of Photography
    www.andrewwehde.com

Quote Originally Posted by andrew wehde View Post
    I am looking for a way to review and study footage from set. I don't need to transcode, I just want to be able to review 8K monstro footage in real time in either Redcine or Resolve, be able to play with the footage, etc. I currently have a MBP 15" i7 with touch bar. I plan on viewing through my Sony 25inch OLED. Can I add a external GPU to handle this or do I need something else? I have read I can run a Nvidia 1080 TI card now to MBP. Any one else doing this? thanks!
    Barefeats is your friend.

http://barefeats.com/rmbp_node_pro.html

When you want 10 bits color output use a VEGA FE instead of a GTX1080ti.
    The VEGA FE works out of the box with no hustle and has about the same speed as a GTX1080ti in Redcine or Resolve.
    Prices are also almost the same.