Thread: Star wars pilot tease scene shot on Helium + Dragon

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post

I would not be surprised if Disney does reach out at some point.
    That's what we are counting on! ;)
    Daniel Stilling, DFF (Danish Society of Cinematographers)
    Director Of Photography
    www.danieldp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stilling View Post
    Unfortunately, as the grade happened, I was super busy in California shooting, so I didn't have a chance to participate on this one, but I did approve it after I saw it. I felt it looked different, otherworldly for lack of a better world. It's heavy handed but I think it works.
    The full episode will have action, but also a very cool plot.
    Absolutely. If you'd shot on Mars, we'd all be talking about the ruddy red color cast ;-)
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Disney is very protective of I.P.

I have worked on many things associated with the Star Wars universe and most of them are uncredited. I highly doubt they will reach out to a fan film producer and offer some sort of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    But how does this apply now that Disney owns the brand?
    Disney will not own 20th Century-Fox unless and until their boards of directors approve the sale on July 27th. And there's always a chance somebody will outbid their $71 billion price. But if the deal goes through, then Disney will own 100% of Star Wars, the additional Marvel characters, plus the entire Fox TV & film library... which is a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Miller View Post
    Disney is very protective of I.P. I have worked on many things associated with the Star Wars universe and most of them are uncredited. I highly doubt they will reach out to a fan film producer and offer some sort of deal.
    If you've ever seen the security that Disney / Marvel / Pixar / Lucasfilm works under, your head would explode. If they reach out to anybody who's produced a Star Wars fan film, it will be with a cease-and-desist letter. They have very little sense of humor about this stuff.

It is true that the old Lucasfilm would tolerate it to a point. I think the recent legal problems between the fan-made Axanar film and Paramount with Star Trek showed that there's a line in the sand that studios will not let anybody cross.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/1/20/1...r-trek-fanfilm
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Miller View Post
    I highly doubt they will reach out to a fan film producer and offer some sort of deal.
    That's why we are creating channels in which to reach them first. Yesterday, we just had one of the biggest Danish producers and Academy Award winner, Tivi Magnusson, join the team to get this done. He also believes this could lead somewhere, or he wouldn't waste his time.
    Yeah, I could just be sitting on my hands, complaining about circumstances and not do a thing. I chose to try. Yes, they could reach out and tell us to stop. That could happen. But there's absolutely no chance of them liking this if we don't make it, and make it to the best of our ability.
    Daniel Stilling, DFF (Danish Society of Cinematographers)
    Director Of Photography
    www.danieldp.com