Thread: How to adjust Red Epic-W camera settings if touch monitor goes down?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 How to adjust Red Epic-W camera settings if touch monitor goes down? 
    Is there a setting in camera that you can change for HD-SDI or HDMI output so that you see the "select" underline red bar at the top of the menu? Not sure when it changed, but I remember that on the HD out, the red select bar was visible. I have the side handle, but was curious to know if there is a way to adjust the shutter angle, ISO, etc if your touch monitor goes down.

Thanks
    Kelsey W. Smith
    Cinematographer/Steadicam Operator
    St. Margaret's Bay, Nova Scotia
    Canada
    www.eastcoastcine.com

There isn't really a way to select settings if your screen goes down and you are just working with the brain. A side handle or a sidekick is the way to go so you have a backup to control the camera. There is also the Fool Control app. Its pretty amazing.

Thanks for the replies guys! Just a follow up. Spoke to Chad @ Red (2 thumbs up to Chad BTW:). There are actually a couple of ways to do this. If you remove your touch screen, it will default to whatever you have connected, HD or HDMI, GTK! : The other option (which was confusing to me) is in the menu, under monitor, select priority, under here you will see which one is priority. If you just scroll through them and highlight it, you would assume that is the one that will priority, nope! The trick is, once you select which one you want, you have to use the right up and down arrows to push it up to the top of the queue!

Hope this helps others!
    Kelsey W. Smith
    Cinematographer/Steadicam Operator
    St. Margaret's Bay, Nova Scotia
    Canada
    www.eastcoastcine.com