Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Communications Backlog

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you for the heads up Jarred!
    Hopefully, all fellow Redusers that have been having issues will see them resolved without much frustration.
    For me, the experience with RED Customer Service has been the best EVER :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 Epic-X # 1003 |||

Any updates on their backorder system? It seems that upon placing orders they have no way to check if a particular item is in backorder or not until the order is processed. Still waiting on my full package to be complete. Hoping sooner than later....

If anyone can give insights that would be great!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Osmena View Post
    Any updates on their backorder system? It seems that upon placing orders they have no way to check if a particular item is in backorder or not until the order is processed. Still waiting on my full package to be complete. Hoping sooner than later....

If anyone can give insights that would be great!

Thank you.
    I just received my DSMC2 Gemini package with just a few non-essential items still on backorder.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    I just received my DSMC2 Gemini package with just a few non-essential items still on backorder.
    I opted for local pick up since I am down the street from them (RED Irvine) - did they give you an ETA? I just got my Brain and Battery Package thats it, no monitor, no handles (side or top) no mini mags, no reader and no I/O expander.

So basically I can't use it just yet - but no ETA on my other parts.

I hope you got yours up and running.

What was your order lead time to?

Patrick and Johnny are dope as fuck!

Always on it within 30 mins

no probs here man

Totally agree! Patrick is my REP and he is always on top of it, as always there are things that are beyond their control, but the mad efforts they put into getting your orders going are great! The new system they have in place should ease out soon, the one great thing is that everything is made in-house (Irvine HQ) which is amazing how much quality is put into it.

Still crossing fingers we get items out soon - but again mad props to the REPS especially to Patrick

I was someone that had my first red support request during this delay. Chad was freaking awesome and called me personally and has continued to check in to make sure everything was solid. This was my first time contacting Red...I got a response within 5 minutes (at midnight mind you) and then nothing for a while. Chad jumped on and gave me a call and more than took care of me.

We get it. Upgrades sometimes suck and often when somethings get fixed... more things get broken. Thanks again Chad for taking care of me and my tiny little non-studio outfit in Fresno, CA.

I also have seen Patrick's name come up in this thread. He's my rep here and is fantastic as well. He contacted me for the two years prior me finally pulling the trigger on getting my camera and is certainly a great guy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    according to some older threads, no use of the phone being a wireless monitor has been conceived yet, so by the time there is a product youll be able to buy the hydgrogen in stores, if it ever comes to light. also, it would take a transmitter for the camera, plus a receiver module for the phone.

the only reason im chiming in at all is because something blew me away the other day on my camera i originally bought for scouting only, and now have done some little shoots with it, the Sony A7III, has a wifi monitoring function. i download a play memories app, and bingo, i can see whats exactly happing on my camera, control basic functions too like record, iso, stop....with a 20 dollar field monitor app i can actually have waveforms and control luts like fool control, but i can SEE the picture. ive now used in while my camera is on a ronin s in many situations and had one freeze out of 4 days of shooting.
    so i would say something like that is more a jarred question, can we work on upgrading the wifi capabilities and software to make this happen for red? its on the sonys as well as g5 panasonics i know...gopro has been doing it for a while, and when wifi was first announced on red cameras this is what i thought it would be capable of.
    Jordan:

I'm not talking about wireless, I'm talking wired via the pogo pins on the Hydrogen. And yes i would like Jarred to answer.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com