Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Communications Backlog

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #1 Communications Backlog 
    Our new customer service / ERP system integration that we started a few months ago still is a bit of a clusterfuck, but the nightmare is almost over.

We have about another week of tweaking and catching up to do and then things should go back to normal.

Apologies to all you that have contacted RED Camera over the last month or so and been faced with horrible (or not at all) response times... you havn't recieved the level of service that you deserve.

Hopefully the pain was worth it... we pushed this off for many years and finally ripped off the bandaid off and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways, just wanted to give you all a quick update since I know some of you have been incredibly patient waiting... thanks for that.

Hasn't been an issue for me but appreciate the efforts to upgrade and improve. Been trying to book a National Rental Car all day. Their system down for "upgrades". Computer shit. Wadayado?
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen posts made by a few impatient folks over the past month or two about lack of response or slow to respond by RED staff members. Hope they'll understand why that happened.

On a different note Jarred, I noticed that you are approaching your 10,000th post soon huh!

Hi,
    Thank you ,Brent and Katie for attending my concerns personally.
    It seems all is sorted.
    Harcharan
    AVAILABLE NOW MONSTRO VV (CF) / ALEXA LF
    ARRI ALEXA SXT plus , ARRI ALEXA MINI WITH RAW/4:3, RED EPIC W ,RED DRAGONS, RED EPIC's

ZEISS SUPREME PRIME ,COOKE S4i, MASTER PRIMES , ULTRAPRIMES , CELERE HS , ZEISS CP2 , ALLURA ZOOMS , BASELIGHT 2 GEN 6 WITH BLACKBOARD ,
    Oconners 2565D, Oconner 2065 , Movi M15 with MIMIC.

www.editfxstudios.com

I just call my sales rep Patrick @ Red. He seems to pick up every time and route me to who I need.. Probably not the best approach, but It get's the job done..
    Joshua VP Filming and Editing LLC.
    joshuavp.com

RED EPIC WEAPON -- PDX || MSP

I had placed several calls to RED without an answer, and waited over a week to hear anything back from what seemed like a black hole.

Once I got a call back, I was told very specifically that customer reps being assigned to individuals were being completely phased out.

Can someone at RED confirm this? Can we have some insight into how we as the customer contact and interact with your team now?

Thank you!

Jarred:

Took over a month to get a reply back on my request to cancel the Hydrogen order - just got the reply email a few days ago (with a nice apology for the wait), but now I'm reconsidering with some of the bonuses that Jim has offered.

Since I most likely will stick with my iPhone for phone use my big question is whether we will be able to use the Hydrogen/Houdini as a monitor for DSMC2? - we could really use some higher resolution at an affordable price and it seems like with the pogo field on the Hydrogen/Houdini we could do a direct cable from DSMC2.

I'm a cheap SOB so this capability would push me over the edge for going with the Hydrogen/Houdini.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Jarred:

Took over a month to get a reply back on my request to cancel the Hydrogen order - just got the reply email a few days ago (with a nice apology for the wait), but now I'm reconsidering with some of the bonuses that Jim has offered.

Since I most likely will stick with my iPhone for phone use my big question is whether we will be able to use the Hydrogen/Houdini as a monitor for DSMC2? - we could really use some higher resolution at an affordable price and it seems like with the pogo field on the Hydrogen/Houdini we could do a direct cable from DSMC2.

I'm a cheap SOB so this capability would push me over the edge for going with the Hydrogen/Houdini.
    according to some older threads, no use of the phone being a wireless monitor has been conceived yet, so by the time there is a product youll be able to buy the hydgrogen in stores, if it ever comes to light. also, it would take a transmitter for the camera, plus a receiver module for the phone.

the only reason im chiming in at all is because something blew me away the other day on my camera i originally bought for scouting only, and now have done some little shoots with it, the Sony A7III, has a wifi monitoring function. i download a play memories app, and bingo, i can see whats exactly happing on my camera, control basic functions too like record, iso, stop....with a 20 dollar field monitor app i can actually have waveforms and control luts like fool control, but i can SEE the picture. ive now used in while my camera is on a ronin s in many situations and had one freeze out of 4 days of shooting.
    so i would say something like that is more a jarred question, can we work on upgrading the wifi capabilities and software to make this happen for red? its on the sonys as well as g5 panasonics i know...gopro has been doing it for a while, and when wifi was first announced on red cameras this is what i thought it would be capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    according to some older threads, no use of the phone being a wireless monitor has been conceived yet, so by the time there is a product youll be able to buy the hydgrogen in stores, if it ever comes to light. also, it would take a transmitter for the camera, plus a receiver module for the phone.

the only reason im chiming in at all is because something blew me away the other day on my camera i originally bought for scouting only, and now have done some little shoots with it, the Sony A7III, has a wifi monitoring function. i download a play memories app, and bingo, i can see whats exactly happing on my camera, control basic functions too like record, iso, stop....with a 20 dollar field monitor app i can actually have waveforms and control luts like fool control, but i can SEE the picture. ive now used in while my camera is on a ronin s in many situations and had one freeze out of 4 days of shooting.
    so i would say something like that is more a jarred question, can we work on upgrading the wifi capabilities and software to make this happen for red? its on the sonys as well as g5 panasonics i know...gopro has been doing it for a while, and when wifi was first announced on red cameras this is what i thought it would be capable of.
    Jordan:

I'm not talking about wireless, I'm talking wired via the pogo pins on the Hydrogen. And yes i would like Jarred to answer.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Optics are everything, which is why such posts are helpful Jarred. Keep up the communication, so there's no reason for the haters to you know, do what they do.