Thread: v7.0.3 not recognizing lenses anymore

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 v7.0.3 not recognizing lenses anymore 
    after upgrading my raven to 7.0.3 from 6.3 , the camera often doesn't recognizes the lenses which in turn stops me from changing aperture, has anyone faced the same issue ?

Unfortunately, yes. I just performed this same upgrade last week.

I have run into this issue with my Sigma lenses. Particularly the 18-35.

The "fix" for now is to remove, then remount the lens in hopes of it being recognized correctly.

I believe a firmware update is in the works to correct this issue.

Julian

This is a catastrophic issue for me, my camera was working flawlessly just yesterday at Version: 6.3.106, is there any way at all to downgrade ?
    i'm surprised this issue has not been raised on those forums yet and has been overlooked by RED
    the exact issue i'm facing is that the 18-35 gets randomly stuck at 1.7 and I have to remove the lens and screw it back to make it function again, and my sigma 50-100 is not recognized at all.
    there are no third party accessories on the camera.
    the camera only has the 4.7 LCD and the DSMC2 Side handle attached and is powered by a REDVOLT-V

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Yazbeck View Post
    This is a catastrophic issue for me, my camera was working flawlessly just yesterday at Version: 6.3.106, is there any way at all to downgrade ?
    i'm surprised this issue has not been raised on those forums yet and has been overlooked by RED
    the exact issue i'm facing is that the 18-35 gets randomly stuck at 1.7 and I have to remove the lens and screw it back to make it function again, and my sigma 50-100 is not recognized at all.
    there are no third party accessories on the camera.
    the camera only has the 4.7 LCD and the DSMC2 Side handle attached and is powered by a REDVOLT-V
    I feel your pain. I am in the same boat, and am having to stay away from my Sigma lenses and use my Canon L glass for now.

They're definitely aware of it:
    https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/art...Stuck-at-f-1-7

Julian

RED support was pretty awesome, they quickly sent me a new private build that may resolve the issue.
    the firmware they sent me, fixes the issue with my sigma art 18-35 it no longer gets stuck at 1.7, however putting on the lens makes it focus back and forth a couple of seconds before settling down,
    Sigma art 50-100 is still not recognized, and I cannot control my iris.
    having at least one working lens is better than nothing.
    I still think that 6.3 is way better than 7.0.3.

RED support is typically pretty phenomenal. I'm glad at least some of your Sigma glass is working.

thx for the info im def not updating the firmware because my Sigma Art is my go to lens for 90% of my shoots...
    Red Raven #727
    DP, Director, Producer, Editor.

www.westwoodfilms.ca
    info@westwoodfilms.ca

Unfortunately, I had a nightmare shoot last week with 7.0.3 that resulted in me packing up early due to the unresponviveness of the brain and lens communication issues. (Canon glass included) However, Red quickly stepped up and provided support to get me back up and running. Hopefully they'll publicly release new firmware soon to potentially avoid these situations in the future.

any news on a "7.0.4" firmware to fix sigma lenses problem?
    Sciukka - RED Raven #001325