Thread: Major Flickering on Export with LUT in IPP2

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Major Flickering on Export with LUT in IPP2 
    So I had a colorist make me a .cube LUT file that I loaded into my camera. Everything works great and looks great. When we bring .R3D files into Premiere and edit, everything still looks great and works great--footage is still showing the LUT and all is well. When we export out of Premiere or Media Encoder, things go haywire. Basically, the LUT flashes on and off periodically in the exported file.

On a side path, if we use Premiere's proxy workflow, the proxy files have the baked in effect of the LUT turning on and off, creating unusable material.

Something's amiss with how Premiere is dealing with R3D files with .cube files attached to them. Anyone else having this problem? It's making it tough to get a project through editorial.
    andymaser.com

I am seeing this as well, but I am seeing not just in the export but during playback of my sequence. The odd thing is I worked on a project the other day no problems no flickering. Went to start another project which included some of the same footage and everything started flickering.

Yes it's a known bug
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM