Thread: A Room On Its Own

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A Room On Its Own 
    Here is a short we did with the Scarlet-W and some old Nikkor lenses.

nice shots & the effects (depth of field)... love it!

Sandeep,

Maybe add a little more contrast. The Blacks were a little lifted.

Last edited by rand thompson; 08-20-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Maybe he is going for that flat profile "Alexa look". I'm half joking...half. I think it looks great, but I also love the more contrasty look. Cant go wrong here, nice shots.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Sandeep,

Maybe add a little more contrast. The Blacks were a little lifted.

DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet"

Denton Film, LLC

Andrew,

Yeah, I think we all have our specific preferences. Some like a more contrasty look while some prefer a more muted look. I personally prefer the look of a modern sharp lens, some like the more soft "vintage" look.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Andrew,

Yeah, I think we all have our specific preferences. Some like a more contrasty look while some prefer a more muted look. I personally prefer the look of a modern sharp lens, some like the more soft "vintage" look.
    Do you use the CZ.2 line much? They live that sharp, modern, contrasty life I’m into.
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet"

Denton Film, LLC

Andrew,

Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure. I was using "stills" Lens for the various Canon, Nikon and Sony stills cameras I owned. Lenses such as The Zeiss ZF.2 versions of the 50mm f1.4, 50mm f2 makro Planar, 85mm f1.4, 100mm f2 Makro Planar and 135mm f2 Apo Sonnar.

I only ever owned one Leica Lens the 80-200mm f4 Vario Elmar-R zoom lens, the little brother to the famous 70-180mm Vario APO Elmarit-R.

I have always loved the looks of zeiss lenses( Barring their chromatic Abberation), all the way back to the Contax/Zeiss lenses which I owned multiple copies of. I also loved the look, to some extent, of the one Leica lens I did own. So if I am ever in the market for high quality "Cine" Lenses, they will be either Zeiss or Leica based.

I wish that there were more retro Nikon glass folks out there so someone would make a Nikon mount to cover Monstro. I modified my RED smart Nikon mount and it appears to work with my Nikkors but the opening is still much smaller than my Canon and PL Monstro mount so maybe it would affect the image.

Maybe we few old Nikon glass lovers could convince some engineer to make a Monstro smart mount..... Or Jarred could throw us a bone ������

Peter,

That would be great!! I always preferred the Nikon Mount no matter what manufacturer's camera I was using due to their manual aperture and focus rings. Call me strange, but I have never liked auto-focusing lenses.

Hi Rand
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I normally prefer a bit more contrast as well, but this was the mood the hotel and H&M wished for.
    Cheers