Thread: Pulling Focus from a Side Handle — What are the options?

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Draper View Post
    Looks great, but then we'd be locked into using RT / Teradek Follow Focus Motors, right?
    Yes. I did a ton of research on what the options were out there, and for me, this was the best option. I can tell you that I had a fully functioning unit in under that 5 minutes- from unboxing the motor, Latitude sidekick and thumbwheel. It works great- every time. I have been on shoots and the part that was a few hundred less ended up costing a lot more in the long run when the gear goes down. In my eyes, the Teradek / RT system is worth the spend.
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Quote Originally Posted by DC Chavez View Post
    Yes. I did a ton of research on what the options were out there, and for me, this was the best option. I can tell you that I had a fully functioning unit in under that 5 minutes- from unboxing the motor, Latitude sidekick and thumbwheel. It works great- every time. I have been on shoots and the part that was a few hundred less ended up costing a lot more in the long run when the gear goes down. In my eyes, the Teradek / RT system is worth the spend.
    What about the Teradek Smartknob? It doesn’t have the form factor of a side handle, but if it can plug directly into the DSMC2 I/O Module — without needing any additional kit — and can accurately and smoothly pull focus on EF lenses, then it could be a consideration...