Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: MacBook Pro 2018 for a RED workflow?

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    Just as no one seems to use the 10bit ability on some of the GeForce cards that offer it.
    Almost all current GPU's support 10 bits (Direct X), one of the strong selling points of Autodesk software under Windows, where most others use OpenGL, AutoDesk uses DirectX where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    And I know Resolve and some other apps like Photoshop will offer some support to some specific GPU models.
    With Resolve you will always need some kind of Declink device (or they have changed their policy over night). With Adobe software it's no problem as long as your GPU drivers support OpenGL 10 bits color overlay(Quadro's, Radeon Pro's(WX, whatever) and the cheap ones we have).

At the moment the only two things keeping me away from the MacBook are the absence of an optional NVIDIA eGPU and the "buggy" implementation of Premiere Pro, which is my go-to platform. So at the moment the HP Zbook and Lenovo P1 are the ones I've got my eye on, though not having seen measurements for Delta-E deviations on their displays concerns me a bit, I fear there might be a major blue cast. The HP with the DreamColor panel though should be pretty well calibrated from the box, doesn't it also come with an app that lets you switch between different color spaces?

I'd rather not have to buy a screen calibrator at the moment, down the line quite possibly, but right now I want to avoid it so good out-of-the-box color is what I'm after. I know for example that the Gigabyte's come with a "Pantone" profile that rocks!
    EPIC - X DRAGON #8215 "Allie"

Screen color always drift on every display, the $ 300 for a screen calibrator is money well spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    Here's to hoping that Apple and NVIDIA can bury the hatchet and make the 2019 MacPro the beast we need. With robust drivers and support for CUDA in OSX/Metal...

Cheers - #19
    +1 here
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com