Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks Phil. Always great insight from your end to know and learn
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Weapon MG

Been running with Nisi for the last few years and absolutely love them above all others, but now thinking of actually selling all of them and setting up my next #r3d camera system with the Kippertie Revolva system instead.
    F I L M M A K E R

It seems like the tokina 4x5.6 filters have been discontinued. Does anyone know if there was any specific reason for this? I was thinking about buying a few 5.65 IRND filters if anyone is selling any used.

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Been running with Nisi for the last few years and absolutely love them above all others, but now thinking of actually selling all of them and setting up my next #r3d camera system with the Kippertie Revolva system instead.
    Ketch have you (or anyone elses) had a chance to run the revolva system first person and get some operational feedback in terms of color shift, vignetting, ease of operation, etc? I am debating on a new set of Nisi ND's VS. the Kippertie Revolva for Gemini and can't make up my mind.

It also appears the revolva EF kit is on backorder everywhere so that is also hampering the ease of decision making.

I used a few NISI filters and although they are very colour neutral it astounds me that they thought it was a good idea to put the coatings on the outside of the filter. After a year or moderate use the most used filters the coatings are chipped and pitted to the point of replacement. My Schneider’s on the other hand have been going strong for 10 years now. I’ll never buy nisi again. Waste of money. I used 4x5.65 nd1.2,1.8
    Nino Tamburri

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Tamburri View Post
    I used a few NISI filters and although they are very colour neutral it astounds me that they thought it was a good idea to put the coatings on the outside of the filter. After a year or moderate use the most used filters the coatings are chipped and pitted to the point of replacement. My Schneider’s on the other hand have been going strong for 10 years now. I’ll never buy nisi again. Waste of money. I used 4x5.65 nd1.2,1.8
    Yup. That's why I got Tokina. Coating is sandwiched between the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
    It seems like the tokina 4x5.6 filters have been discontinued. Does anyone know if there was any specific reason for this? I was thinking about buying a few 5.65 IRND filters if anyone is selling any used.
    I messaged Tokina about this... They said its just out of stock and they need time to manufacture more to be restocked.

Has anyone recently purchased the Tokina Pro IRND in 4x5.65 size? And if so, where please?
    S-W #6350 "Moonshot"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Reese View Post
    Ketch have you (or anyone elses) had a chance to run the revolva system first person and get some operational feedback in terms of color shift, vignetting, ease of operation, etc? I am debating on a new set of Nisi ND's VS. the Kippertie Revolva for Gemini and can't make up my mind.

It also appears the revolva EF kit is on backorder everywhere so that is also hampering the ease of decision making.
    Sorry for really late reply... Been traveling the Globe nonstop for non-film related project... :)

I actually never did got to use the Revolva as it does not fully cover the Monstro sadly.

So I'll have to continue using regular ND's, and looking at to test the new Schneider RHOdium FSND, but I will also look in to the Lindsay Optics Brilliant lines of Rota-Pol & Variable ND 4.5.65 Trays to answers some production needs of my next camera set up.

We'll likely set up a test when back in LA before buying.
    F I L M M A K E R

Quote Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
    Has anyone recently purchased the Tokina Pro IRND in 4x5.65 size? And if so, where please?
    You can purchase directly from the site

https://www.tokinacinemausa.com/tokina-pro-irnd-filters

Here is what I was told about the situation of the 4x5.6 set.

The PRO IRND filters were temporarily discontinued while we issued a new version of them that are now in stock and shipping. Our retailers removed them from their websites and have been slow to replace them. We will be happy to sell them to you via your dealer of choice or we can sell them directly. Please let me know which size and densities you need.

then I asked what was new about them

Tokina had to change the edge protection. Some of the densities had a flexible rubber edge which warped in some matte box trays. They revised the edge seal and have released it. The Tokina retailers have been very slow to restock them despite strong sales.

The changes only affect the 4x5.65 size. The 4x4 size remain in stock and will match your set perfectly. All Tokina PRO IRND of any age are the same coating technology and will match each other regardless of manufacture date.

Anyone can order them from our website using the size selector to add to cart at the bottom of the page linked below

https://www.tokinacinemausa.com/tokina-pro-irnd-filters