Thread: New Eizo CG319X

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 New Eizo CG319X 
    We still do not have a good monitor for working with 4K.
    The previous Eizo I tested twice and always loved it, but never owned one. Now the new one is here:
    https://www.eizoglobal.com/products/...19x/index.html

The things I liked with the previous 318 (mostly based on reviews) was
    - It had really black blacks. Much better than most competition
    - It has much better uniforminty in colors and luminance. Many of the 1500 4k monitors have quite bad uniformity so can be 20% different on the screen.

Anyone tested the new?
    At work I have an HDR LG, but I do not like it. Also have a 4k Dell which is better but it is only 27" which i think is to small.

Maybe we should instead got a OLED TV and put up, but I find that angle is not so comfortable if you have the screen above your desk. I think I would still want a normal monitor.
    /Andreas
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    www.THUNDOOR.com- Visually poetic images and stories that matter
    Epic X #3734, CF Weapon Helium Strummer Bright Tangerine, Sachtler Video 20 S1, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000

I have the Eizo 23.8" CG2484K and I love it. Its a 4K monitor, but in order to hook it up to my Mac Pro, I am running the Thunderbolt connection to a Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor 4k card in an OWC Mercury Thunderbolt expansion chassis. Works very well and I am able to get 60 FPS out of the setup.
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Anyone seen the new Eizo out there?
    Epic X #3734, CF Weapon Helium Strummer Bright Tangerine, Sachtler Video 20 S1, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000

I just got the new Eizo CG319X. Main reason is to use it for Davinci Resolve.

New info on the Eizo homepage makes me a bit worried. They say they do not support the Blackmagic Decklink cards at all. Not even their high end reference monitor supports them which is a bit odd.

I never used a video card before so do not have much experience with how to use them. I am not even sure how useful it would be when I edit or color grade, but to have a second fullscreen monitor does sound useful.

I thought I would get a video card to try. As I understand there are also converters that could make it work.

Options:
    - Get the cheap mini that has a bit lower resolution (422 I think) or I could get the more expensive Decklink 4K Extreme that has full 444.

If nothing works I guess I could consider using a converter. Worst case I use it as my main editing monitor.

What about the Intensity Pro 4K?

SDI to HDMI 6G converted from Blackmagic
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...pecs/W-CONM-26

Ideally I would like to use the Decklink Extreme 4K since it can output 444 10 bit image, but Eiz specifically says that they do not support it over HDMI.
    Anyone that has a bit more experience with how this could work?

Andreas

Wow, never worked with an image quality like this before. I can see details that I have never seen before!

Great to hear Andreas. In terms of video cards you might peruse BlueFish444 products. They might be out of your budget range, but, IMO, their performance is next level.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasOberg View Post
    I just got the new Eizo CG319X. Main reason is to use it for Davinci Resolve.

New info on the Eizo homepage makes me a bit worried. They say they do not support the Blackmagic Decklink cards at all. Not even their high end reference monitor supports them which is a bit odd.

I never used a video card before so do not have much experience with how to use them. I am not even sure how useful it would be when I edit or color grade, but to have a second fullscreen monitor does sound useful.

I thought I would get a video card to try. As I understand there are also converters that could make it work.

Options:
    - Get the cheap mini that has a bit lower resolution (422 I think) or I could get the more expensive Decklink 4K Extreme that has full 444.

If nothing works I guess I could consider using a converter. Worst case I use it as my main editing monitor.

What about the Intensity Pro 4K?

SDI to HDMI 6G converted from Blackmagic
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...pecs/W-CONM-26

Ideally I would like to use the Decklink Extreme 4K since it can output 444 10 bit image, but Eiz specifically says that they do not support it over HDMI.
    Anyone that has a bit more experience with how this could work?

Andreas
    From what I can find on their website it supports
    Input Terminals DisplayPort x 2 (HDCP 1.3), HDMI x 2 (Deep Color, HDCP 2.2 / 1.4)
    So you're maxed out at 4k 30 fps.

Not for the first time with Eizo, great color and resolution with inputs not up to the task.

This might help https://www.amazon.com/SIIG-HDMI-Dis.../dp/B07C39QBSF

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    From what I can find on their website it supports
    Input Terminals DisplayPort x 2 (HDCP 1.3), HDMI x 2 (Deep Color, HDCP 2.2 / 1.4)
    So you're maxed out at 4k 30 fps.

Not for the first time with Eizo, great color and resolution with inputs not up to the task.

This might help https://www.amazon.com/SIIG-HDMI-Dis.../dp/B07C39QBSF
    Hi Misha, I agree about the termnials. But is it really a big problem that it is only 30Hz. I never deliver 50 or 60Hz for TV for example, the highest would be 30.
    A bit shocking that they use HDMI 1.4 I must say. I thought the new one would use 2.0a.

/Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasOberg View Post
    Hi Misha, I agree about the termnials. But is it really a big problem that it is only 30Hz. I never deliver 50 or 60Hz for TV for example, the highest would be 30.
    A bit shocking that they use HDMI 1.4 I must say. I thought the new one would use 2.0a.

/Andreas
    When 30Hz is good enough for you, there is no problem.
    What is kind of shocking from the EIZO side is that they made a monitor that can handle 4k 60 Hz but saved $2 on 2 HDMI ports so you can't run 4k 60 Hz 4:2:2.

It looks EIZO made this monitor for any program but Davinci Resolve.

I agree. I was very surprised when it used HDMI 1.4. Almost makes you wonder if they do it on purpose to make you buy their MUCH more expensive reference monitor.
    /Andreas