Thread: Your thoughts about the cinematography of "Same Kind of Different as Me (2017)"

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Your thoughts about the cinematography of "Same Kind of Different as Me (2017)" 
    What are your thoughts about the cinematography of the movie "Same Kind of Different as Me (2017)"? The movie was based on a true story. The Director of Cinematography was Don Burgess (ASC). Shot on RED Epic Dragon camera/s.

Some people may or may not agree with the context of the movie. That is their personal preference. So, let's confine the discussion to lighting cast and set, framing, cinematography (camera direction and handling the camera etc.), color correction and technical aspects etc. IMDB says the laboratory was Light Iron (digital intermediate) (digital dailies).

I watched the movie on a 65" LG OLED TV and there maybe a difference in color and contrast if seen on a regular LCD TV.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230168/?ref_=rvi_tt
    Last edited by Neil Abeynayake; 09-01-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Don Burgess is a very, very experienced DP who's been around for decades (on award-winning films like Forrest Gump,Contact, and Cast Away, and Corinne Bogdanowicz does very good color work over at Light Iron. How was your display calibrated?

There's always the possibility that the creative team made decisions you don't personally care for, but (as I often remind students), it's their film, not the viewer's.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer