Thread: Hydrogen Cinema MODULE is a 5K HELIUM Sensor with all lens mounts.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    I think that Hydrogen and its associated accessories are arguably the most interesting thing this year. The other cameras do the same thing as always. Hydrogen is unique, and truly so.

I also am looking forward to the new iPhones. I might buy a Hydrogen (in fact I probably will) but I'll never be without an iPhone. I hope that RED eventually ditches Android for something better. But for now, what matters is the camera.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram

From the sound of it, it seems like it's going to be a ground up sensor, and not a cut from their other sensors, such as Helium. (and I hope not, as 5k Helium cut would be quite the crop!) A 5k+ sensor with S35 view would be amazing! I wonder the size of the sensor they're going for though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez View Post
    Phil, what about the “advanced h4v module”? What is this all about? two 1” sensors stereo capture with r3d? that would be absolute KILLER!
    I've said what I can in the post, but I've seen and chatted about the intended module and it will perform notably better in feature set than the stock Hydrogen One while maintaining a compactness.

It's sort of a multi-pronged take on filming H4V:

- Stock Hydrogen One
    - Hydrogen One H4V Module
    - 2X Dedicated RED H4V Cameras
    - (and ready today) various Beam Splitter Rigs and side by side setups

Lots of ways to shoot the content. However, the first 3 on this list are designed to make the filming and post experience a bit easier to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    I think that Hydrogen and its associated accessories are arguably the most interesting thing this year. The other cameras do the same thing as always. Hydrogen is unique, and truly so.

I also am looking forward to the new iPhones. I might buy a Hydrogen (in fact I probably will) but I'll never be without an iPhone. I hope that RED eventually ditches Android for something better. But for now, what matters is the camera.
    That's fair enough on the phone front, but Android is pretty robust as a platform. There's pretty much only two flavors of OS ice cream worth tasting in the smartphone arena for "most people" use and that's IOS and Android.

What makes the Hydrogen One very interesting is it is the first lightfield display tech to hit the market, some of the first nanotech too. And you're seeing the early days of the displays and capture tech already doing some astounding things. That will make it unique in the face of coming offerings from other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Montville View Post
    From the sound of it, it seems like it's going to be a ground up sensor, and not a cut from their other sensors, such as Helium. (and I hope not, as 5k Helium cut would be quite the crop!) A 5k+ sensor with S35 view would be amazing! I wonder the size of the sensor they're going for though.
    The word is mum over here :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I've said what I can in the post, but I've seen and chatted about the intended module and it will perform notably better in feature set than the stock Hydrogen One while maintaining a compactness.

It's sort of a multi-pronged take on filming H4V:

- Stock Hydrogen One
    - Hydrogen One H4V Module
    - 2X Dedicated RED H4V Cameras
    - (and ready today) various Beam Splitter Rigs and side by side setups

Lots of ways to shoot the content. However, the first 3 on this list are designed to make the filming and post experience a bit easier to digest.

That's fair enough on the phone front, but Android is pretty robust as a platform. There's pretty much only two flavors of OS ice cream worth tasting in the smartphone arena for "most people" use and that's IOS and Android.

What makes the Hydrogen One very interesting is it is the first lightfield display tech to hit the market, some of the first nanotech too. And you're seeing the early days of the displays and capture tech already doing some astounding things. That will make it unique in the face of coming offerings from other companies.

The word is mum over here :)
    Thanks Phil,

Being someone that only really shot 3D with a GoPro Hero 2 Setup (when they offered a stereo case!) , and having followed the absolute mammoth and cumbersome work of shooting g "proper 3D" in some productions over here, I really think these 3 Red offerings will be a game changer.

I see many production houses over here in the region that have heavily invested in 3D for the past years having a very difficult time currently. This might very well rescue them from "doom".

I'm very interested in trying to jump in on this world when it allows a much less cumbersome workflow. Pre-ordered the Hydrogen, and am looking forward to the new H4V cameras. How do you think this will translate in Motorsport? The fact that its said the sensor size for these cameras is smaller seems like a PLUS and not a minus to me. The concerns of convergence points etc and an all that "science" and calculations for shooting stereo seem even more challenging with a larger and shallower DOF...

Anyway, interesting new World coming!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber