Thread: GROUP BUY - PORTKEYS 7" BM7 ULTRA BRIGHT MONITOR

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    +1 for me. Thank you Curt.

+1 for me please. Living in Canada. Thanks.

Appears we have added at least 4 units since 9/12.... top tier now? If so, ready to pay any time.

Thank you.

+1 for me as well please. Thanks for putting this group buy together Curt!

Quote Originally Posted by B Kanegson View Post
    Appears we have added at least 4 units since 9/12.... top tier now? If so, ready to pay any time.

Thank you.
    Same here

Curt, are we able to order these yet? Where will they be shipping from? In my dream scenario they could ship one to me on Monday for a shoot next week. :-) Definitely need one soon though, so hopefully they will start shipping in the next week or two. And are we confirmed for the highest tier discount? Thanks!
    Steve Sherrick

As of today, we HAVE reached our MAX discount level!

I will contact the company today. I believe we can start paying, and they will begin the shipping process! Congrats everyone! We're not finished! I'm sure more people will jump in during our last week of being open!

I will do my best to answer all the questions I missed while in Alaska. Thanks for your patience!
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

Adobe CC Production Premium, BlueFish 444 4k

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sattlberger View Post
    Is there anywhere in L.A. where you can see the thing? Interested in joining the group buy, but would like to see it first.
    I've not been able to find a place that you could go and see it. However, if you can find somewhere that deals in iKan, the manufacturer makes the iKan Ultra Bright for them, and we're getting the same thing! You could check that out, if you can find one!
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsson San Pablo Chu View Post
    Interesting, and thanks for doing this Curt. A couple of questions I was hoping you might be able to answer if possible:
    - What is the power draw?
    - Is this an 8 bit or 10 bit monitor?

Thanks!
    It is an 8 bit monitor. The power draw is "12w~24W."

I hope this helps!

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    Did some more research and curious for those who are already using these in the field, how loud is this when fans are on? There may be times when running this right alongside a shotgun mic on the camera. I know the fans can be disabled, which is great, just wondering if they have to be on because the monitor is getting too hot, is it possible to still record clean sound or are the fans loud enough to bleed into audio?

Has anyone tried calibrating one yet? The Ikan model seems to get decent review about color reproduction, perhaps even better than SmallHD.
    Steve, I know there's been some chatter on other online groups about this from "naysayers" (that don't have the monitor). Here's what I can tell you... YES! The fans can get "loud" when setting the monitor up at it's brightest possibility. However, I don't think the monitors fans are any louder than the fans on a DSMC2 camera. You can turn off the fans when recording, just like a Red camera too! So I don't find it to be a problem. Indoors, when running at the lower nit levels, (and up to the medium nit levels), the fans just aren't an issue. I too have a shotgun on my camera. I've not found it to be a problem. Outdoors is the most likely scenario to use the full power and 2000 nits. I turn the fans on when not rolling (and off when we are rolling), and that's not created any issues for me. I know at least three other owner/ops personally, and all say the same thing I do... I think your independent testing will provide the most insight, but using the Portkeys in a similar manner as a Red camera will yield terrific reults.

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material