Thread: HYDROGEN Camera Quality.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 HYDROGEN Camera Quality. 
    Last edited by Andrew Dease; 09-05-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    I like this, and I think it's pretty cool, but honestly, I think what will be important for Hydrogen is to have it expand beyond RED + film-based people, right?

Don't get me wrong, but it probably needs to also be a hit with consumers who aren't going to be doing these types of setups to have it be a successful enough media machine to keep developing other modules and features? It's really cool to see the images it can get, but more real-world shots without a lens rig or super-stylized lighting would be nice to see.

Either way, I have my Ti pre-order in that I'm stoked to receive, so fingers crossed things keep going well :)

Edit: Should have scrolled up on that thread - these look great! https://h4vuser.net/t/houdini-camera-quality/2027/95

that Beastgrip kit is a pretty rad thing. This is essentially a throwback to things like the Brevis 35, god I feel old saying that.

But for RED shooters and those experienced with RED cameras, let me tell you, the 2D Cinema Module is going to back a wallup and you will have bigger and better pixels plus the ability to just slap a lens on there.

Stay tuned. Jim, Matthew, Hydrogen, RED, & co. are working hard on finishing everything up on that bit of kit.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon