Thread: 7.0.4 firmware wont install?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 7.0.4 firmware wont install? 
    I was just simply trying to update my scarlet W from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4 and it wont. I copy the force upgrade to the SSD. Plug it in the camera, and the fans turn on temporary, then it just starts up as normal. Firmware hasn't been changed though. Also the Force Upgrade folder is deleted from the SSD by the camera. When I plug it back in the card reader, its completely gone. Ive tried two different mini mags, same thing. Any thoughts ?

Can you confirm for sure in the info menus that the camera isn't already running 7.0.4?
    Scarlet-X DRAGON #64

THe files will be removed off the card after it installs.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

I got it to work. if you double click on the zip folder, it will open the zip file. From there you can copy paste it into the SSD but it actually doesn't copy it even though it shows it in the SSD . You have to actually unzip it and copy it from the unzipped folder.

Yes files need to be on the TOP FOLDER of the SSD - Reboot the brain and the fan will go on hyper-speed then shut off - you can then restart the machine and you will get a prompt to AGREE = You can then Go check the firmware version under Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Osmena View Post
    Yes files need to be on the TOP FOLDER of the SSD - Reboot the brain and the fan will go on hyper-speed then shut off - you can then restart the machine and you will get a prompt to AGREE = You can then Go check the firmware version under Settings.
    I don't believe that was Jason's issue.

Windows has a built in auto-extractor where you can double click on a .zip file and see the contents before actually unzipping. From there, you can copy/paste one of the files/folders to somewhere else on your computer and it will automatically extract just that file to the destination you chose.

However, for some reason, this wouldn't work when Jason dragged and dropped from the zip directly to the minimag, so he had to manually extract the .zip to the computer's hard drive and then copy/paste from there.

Jason, do you have your mags formatted to UDF? I actually have been having this problem myself. I always thought it was because of the file format because Fat32 seemed to work every time with the drag & drop method. So maybe it's windows not being able to do that auto-unzip thing directly to the UDF card, you have to extract somewhere first and then move it to the UDF card. Next time I update I'm going to give your fix a try, I always thought it was the storage format.