Thread: Issues installing the Teradek Latitude Sidekick...

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Issues installing the Teradek Latitude Sidekick... 
    At the risk of asking a stupid question;

How exactly do you install the Teradek Latitude Sidekick onto the DSMC2, with the DSMC2 Sidekick?

At first, I thought I'd tightened the screws fairly tight, but the Latitude and Sidekick were still wobbling around.

Now I've tightened them as much as I'm willing to, to the point where the Latitude and Sidekick are no longer wobbling around, but the Latitude doesn't look entirely flush to the camera; maybe by half a millimetre, or less.

I can still see a tiny glint of the top thread -- where the Latitude and DSMC2 meet -- if looking at the camera front-on.

Any thoughts?

Do you have any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Do you have any pictures?
    I've tried taking a photo, but it won't show the glint.

Another thing; the rubber piece that comes with the PCBA; is that just for protecting the PCBA whilst packaged, or is that supposed to be included in the installation somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Draper View Post
    I've tried taking a photo, but it won't show the glint.

Another thing; the rubber piece that comes with the PCBA; is that just for protecting the PCBA whilst packaged, or is that supposed to be included in the installation somehow?
    According to this photo, it looks like it is supposed to be included in the installation:

Hello I don't have any other pictures. My sidekick is the RTmotion original one. It's actually simple to install it. I also have a thin ribbon on my Sidekick wich is quind of loose on the side but isn't pinched by the mechanics.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post

Hello I don't have any other pictures. My sidekick is the RTmotion original one. It's actually simple to install it. I also have a thin ribbon on my Sidekick wich is quind of loose on the side but isn't pinched by the mechanics.

Pat
    Hey Pat. Thanks for the photo.

I think we've probably got it installed correctly, but it would be helpful if Teradek or RTMotion would provide an installation video for this sort of thing, like RED do.

Love that Revolva you've got there, by the way! Thinking of getting one ourselves, when they're available...