Thread: No audio/sound outside of Adobe Premiere?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 No audio/sound outside of Adobe Premiere? 
    I got a SuperMicro workstation with a X9DAi motherboard running windows 10 professional.
    The problem is that my sound stopped working.

So I got a "Focusrite - Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen" instead and the audio worked in Adobe premiere (perhaps in audition and after effects aswell) but nowhere else.

I think I reinstalled the workstation atleast once since then. But still no audio outside of adobe premiere. Premiere is using an Asio driver its seams like.

I had given up this and just keeped on editing in premiere. But now im switching over to Davinci Resolve and need to get the audio to work in there.

You would think that the audio problem with the built in realtek drivers should not matter anymore since Im using the external Focusrite as sound card. But maby its still causing the problem. What do you think is causing this problem? Im pretty out of Ideas!

Perhaps the Asio driver has something to do with it (that driver comes with premiere).
    I read this in a thread.
    "But ASIO really annoys me because it disables sound for my whole PC outside of ableton which leads to numerous inconveniences."

Will try to switch over to MME in premiere and se if that makes any difference.

Edit. 1
    Anybody here using the ASIO4ALL driver instead?

Edit. 2
    From reading I think Focusrite is already using the asio4all driver.
    So the new plan is to try out the https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
    Its a an advanced Virtual Audio Device Mixer For Windows.

//Joel
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Bump...

If you have some kind of audio problem with an built in audio card on you're motherboard and you disable that both in bios and on windows. Than using an external audio card (Focusrite - Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen, in this case) should not inherit those problems but instead work. But it does not.

What would be your next thing to check? I feel that I should not bother to look for the audio problem on the built in (disabled) audio card but, some where else since its disabled...

I have wanted to switch to Davinci for quite a while now but I need to sort out the audio problem first....(audio works in premiere but no where else).
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Don't know if it's the cause of your problems, but Resolve changed the way it deals with audio after v.14.3.0.014. I had an audio card that would no longer be recognized by Resolve as a result. Couldn't find a fix (the way Resolve deals with drivers was mentioned on some forums), so in the meantime I've just gone back to v.14.3.0.014. If all else fails, maybe try doing that too to see if it makes a difference.

Edit - Sorry, misunderstood what you were trying to do, thought you were having trouble getting audio to work properly in Resolve.
    Last edited by Les Hillis; 12-04-2018 at 09:41 AM.