Thread: B&H Closed for the next 11 days.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I'm certain if you have gear go down it would be nice to get in contact with them. If I was in Joe's case I'd actually contact Sony either way as that's certainly under warranty.
    I've contacted Sony and they were less then helpful, Phil. They seemed to be driving the point home that I could expect a much longer turnaround than what I'd expect from B&H. Ouch.

The Crossing Trailer for upcoming acid western inspired by the world of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.
    https://vimeo.com/105448633

The Lonely Moan
    http://vimeo.com/33643688

Dead Lonesome A film about Ghost Towns and the Mystique of the Western Landscape filmed in 35mm. http://vimeo.com/6874360

Why not just contact Precision Camera directly? They are the ones who would be handling your malfunctioning camera anyway.

https://repair-camera.com/ContactUs.aspx

Here's B&H's Holiday Schedule if that helps:

-Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    Here's B&H's Holiday Schedule if that helps:

Thanks Zeb. But what would be even more helpful is if B&H could warn their paying customers with an in-you-face ALL-CAPS notice that the 30-day return period of the item(s) they are buying falls within one of B&H's lengthy observance closures. Many of B&H's customers are professionals whose bread n' butter dpends on having functioning equipment that we pay a lot of $$$$$ for.

The Crossing Trailer for upcoming acid western inspired by the world of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.
    https://vimeo.com/105448633

The Lonely Moan
    http://vimeo.com/33643688

Dead Lonesome A film about Ghost Towns and the Mystique of the Western Landscape filmed in 35mm. http://vimeo.com/6874360

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
    Thanks Zeb. But what would be even more helpful is if B&H could warn their paying customers with an in-you-face ALL-CAPS notice that the 30-day return period of the item(s) they are buying falls within one of B&H's lengthy observance closures. Many of B&H's customers are professionals whose bread n' butter dpends on having functioning equipment that we pay a lot of $$$$$ for.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sony-42-4MP-F...s=Sony+A7R+III
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

I've found, in balance, B&H to be one of the most helpful retailers out there, and I love the physical store. They have worked with me in the past to make sure important items ship before the Holiday closings, etc.

I order from B&H on a weekly basis. They are one the most reliable retailers I have ever dealt with. Yes, the Jewish holiday schedule can sometimes be a bit much but that is a small price to pay for what is an otherwise great company with excellent service.

I rather go inside the physical store in New York instead of ordering online. Sometimes the customer service can be a hassle and I had problems in the past when placing large orders for lenses. I know it's security protocol but come on I been a customer with B&H for years and it seems like they always put my orders on hold.
    Manish Hamza

Vilmos Media Pvt. Ltd.
    manish@vilmosmedia.com
    http://www.vilmosmedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Farokhzad View Post
    I order from B&H on a weekly basis. They are one the most reliable retailers I have ever dealt with. Yes, the Jewish holiday schedule can sometimes be a bit much but that is a small price to pay for what is an otherwise great company with excellent service.
    I think it only fair that it be noted that Adorama also closes regularly for Jewish holidays. From Adorama's current homepage:

"Orders submitted to us during the Sukkos Holiday (Sunday Sept. 23rd after 12:30PM thru Tuesday, Oct. 2nd) will be shipped Wednesday, Oct. 3rd. "

I also note that most brick & mortar shops such as Abel Cine are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Which amounts to something like 104 days a year that they are closed and unavailable for any communication regarding purchases.

Yeah, it is a pain that B&H is so often closed for religious observance. But that said, I respect that there is a business that puts something above profit. Like how Chick-Fil-A closes on Sunday and in doing so gives up untold millions of dollars in profit for what they believe. I have only been to CFA a couple of times ( I'm more of a Cane's man and find CFA so bland as to be the Barry Manilow of fast-food chicken ) but I respect that the owners live their personal faith and are not all about capitalism. Not everything is about money and I think we, as creative types, can identify with that.

B&H imo has and has long had the best-operating website for such merch. My many experiences with buying from B&H have all been good. B&H return policy in practice is that they will accept just about any return for any reason, if performed in a timely manner. B&H was "there" in photo / video retailing before most others. Many of us remember, prior to the internet, perusing through the hard-copy of the B&H catalog that came in the mail, like kids looking at the toys in the Sears catalog. For photo / video gear, B&H was "Amazon" before there was an Amazon.

I empathize with the OP's dilemma and frustration. But that said, B&H's frequent closures for religious observance are well-known if not notorious in the industry. B&H not only survives but thrives despite that downside of buying from them, and does so for all the positives of doing business with them. Many of which were mentioned in this thread by other forum users.

Quote Originally Posted by John David Pope View Post
    I think it only fair that it be noted that Adorama also closes regularly for Jewish holidays. From Adorama's current homepage:

"Orders submitted to us during the Sukkos Holiday (Sunday Sept. 23rd after 12:30PM thru Tuesday, Oct. 2nd) will be shipped Wednesday, Oct. 3rd. "

I also note that most brick & mortar shops such as Abel Cine are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Which amounts to something like 104 days a year that they are closed and unavailable for any communication regarding purchases.

Yeah, it is a pain that B&H is so often closed for religious observance. But that said, I respect that there is a business that puts something above profit. Like how Chick-Fil-A closes on Sunday and in doing so gives up untold millions of dollars in profit for what they believe. I have only been to CFA a couple of times ( I'm more of a Cane's man and find CFA so bland as to be the Barry Manilow of fast-food chicken ) but I respect that the owners live their personal faith and are not all about capitalism. Not everything is about money and I think we, as creative types, can identify with that.

B&H imo has and has long had the best-operating website for such merch. My many experiences with buying from B&H have all been good. B&H return policy in practice is that they will accept just about any return for any reason, if performed in a timely manner. B&H was "there" in photo / video retailing before most others. Many of us remember, prior to the internet, perusing through the hard-copy of the B&H catalog that came in the mail, like kids looking at the toys in the Sears catalog. For photo / video gear, B&H was "Amazon" before there was an Amazon.

I empathize with the OP's dilemma and frustration. But that said, B&H's frequent closures for religious observance are well-known if not notorious in the industry. B&H not only survives but thrives despite that downside of buying from them, and does so for all the positives of doing business with them. Many of which were mentioned in this thread by other forum users.
    Yeah totally. Money, Power and Religion have never commingled and modern day ‘Faith’ isn’t a trillion dollar industry . . .

I prefer my business partners operate on my American Holiday schedule, rather than trying to keep track of their scripture or whatever their dogma dictates on any given standard Business Day.
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com