Thread: NiSi working on T1.1 35mm, 55, 75mm und 100mm full-frame Cine lenses

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Tom Gleeson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    One question
    Why does one need T1.1?

    Jacek,

    Generally you do not need T1.1 but if these lenses prove to be good quality/price I would find them very tempting. T1.1 would never be my working stop but I would have the option when aesthetically appropriate to go super shallow (especially on the wider FOV lenses.) Maybe to emphasis a characters isolation or help create a dreamy romantic look. Just as larger sensors such as Monstro do not automatically mean I am going to shoot shallow focus a T1.1 lens just gives more options or control over depth of field. Certainly superior light gathering never hurts and is better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick*.

    Phil I am with you all the way on shorter Flange depths. Its certainly the future of DSLR lens design. Red with their fantastic lens mount flexibility is in a good position to take advantage of the trend and push their sensor forward on the DSMC3


    *Oz Slang
    Tom Gleeson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,335
    I see the point but there are several compromises tied to it.
    The lens size, the IQ wide open, corner illumination issues on large sensor. May not be worth it for "specialty" shots....
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Tom Gleeson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    I see the point but there are several compromises tied to it.
    The lens size, the IQ wide open, corner illumination issues on large sensor. May not be worth it for "specialty" shots....
    Yes the proof is in the pudding and we will have to wait and see. I am looking forward to see how they balance all these compromises and if they can make them work
    Tom Gleeson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Zeb B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In The Moment
    Posts
    4,935
    1.1 v 4 . . . ISO 320 v 2500 . . . a stop is a stop is a stop. The super light weight Batis 2.0 25mm on an A7 is hard to beat and not sure you need much more for light sensitivity from any lens for a sensor that gathers light like the A7 does, The contentious auto focus on the 25mm is creamy. Used that set-up recently with a gimbal on low light night club project and was please with the results. A 1.1 lens has to be more than just that. I have a Noc .95 I never use. The days of needing real fast (heavy expensive) lenses are fading with each sensor update

    Edit:
    39 DxO for $1300, that auto focuses better than a Sony lens on the A7, and weighs 335g . . . good luck beating that
    https://www.dxomark.com/carl-zeiss-b...ly-outstanding
    Last edited by Zeb B; 09-26-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1
    Actually, it is just a prototype, we even have no time to assemble the aperture.

    If you wanna use the T1.1 lens in RED, maybe we can make a Leica M-mount edition.


    And as you know, shorter flange distance provide more possibilities in optical designs. But I Guess 1st AC maybe don't like the T1.1 lens :(

    So if you have any thoughts to share about NiSi F3 Prime or New T1.1 series, We are glad to hear and happy to discuss that .



    shot by Sony A7R3 + NiSi 75mm T1.1

    100% crop

    Last edited by Eric Lyu; 09-27-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lyu View Post
    Actually, it is just a prototype, we even have no time to assemble the aperture.

    If you wanna use the T1.1 lens in RED, maybe we can make a Leica M-mount edition.


    And as you know, shorter flange distance provide more possibilities in optical designs. But I Guess 1st AC maybe don't like the T1.1 lens :(

    So if you have any opinion about NiSi F3 Prime or New T1.1 series, We are glad to hear that .



    shot by Sony A7R3 + NiSi 75mm T1.1

    100% crop
    Some people in the lens industry are starting to sweat at the moment.

    When you make lenses this fast with image cicles of 46.31 mm it will cover both Monstra and Alexa LF, I think you'll have a winner.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    One question
    Why does one need T1.1?
    So I can speed-boost it to a T0.8 on my Fs7.

    I suppose one could also ask why production vehicles that can do 200mph are sold when there are few roads in the world where one can legally drive that fast and driving that fast is fraught with even more peril than shooting at a T1.1.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,335
    Quote Originally Posted by John David Pope View Post
    So I can speed-boost it to a T0.8 on my Fs7.

    I suppose one could also ask why production vehicles that can do 200mph are sold when there are few roads in the world where one can legally drive that fast and driving that fast is fraught with even more peril than shooting at a T1.1.

    Actually you can't speed boost it - there is no room.
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Actually you can't speed boost it - there is no room.
    Please explain. It isn't possible to use PL-mount Nisi FF prime>>>Metabones PL to e-mount speedbooster>>>Sony fs7? I read that such is possible with Zeiss CP.2 primes, XEEN primes, and Tokina Vista primes.

    What if the Nisi FF prime is an EF-mount version? Is Nisi EF FF>>>Metabones EF to e-mount speedbooster>>>Sony fs7 possible?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Aaron Lochert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by John David Pope View Post
    Please explain. It isn't possible to use PL-mount Nisi FF prime>>>Metabones PL to e-mount speedbooster>>>Sony fs7? I read that such is possible with Zeiss CP.2 primes, XEEN primes, and Tokina Vista primes.

    What if the Nisi FF prime is an EF-mount version? Is Nisi EF FF>>>Metabones EF to e-mount speedbooster>>>Sony fs7 possible?
    These T1.1 lenses are already E mount so you're asking to Speedboost E mount to E mount.

    Nisi has another line that is PL/EF but they're a T2. You could Speedboost those.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts