Thread: Epic W Helium - Won't upgrade to 7.0.4

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Epic W Helium - Won't upgrade to 7.0.4 
    Any idea what's going on here, afraid my camera has some issues. - Current Build 7.0.2 - attempting to upgrade to 7.0.4.

Downloaded the the new firmware onto my SSD and plugging it in(also tried this with multiple SSD's) to my Epic W not turned on. After startup, the camera kicks on for 15 secs, instead of my PWR and REC Led's flashing green, they flash Red for 15 secs. Then the camera shuts down(guessing that is a sign). Then after I fire the camera again, without the SSD, the camera starts up, doesn't install anything(still on 7.0.2 build), yet all my settings(shutter angle, etc) are all now back to factory settings..

Something funky is going on, would love to not have to send this guy back into Red. Guessing I need to do a factory reset?

*Also note, no third party modules are attached and I've un attached my Red Side Handle..

Thanks in Advance,

JVP
    Joshua VP Filming and Editing LLC.
    joshuavp.com

RED EPIC WEAPON -- PDX || MSP

Hi Joshua

i am having exact same issue upgrading from 7.0.1 I got the updated WC cable less battery plate with PCB v8.0 to enable me to monitor the battery level on my epicW and all has been working fine. So yesterday i got an email from WC telling me about the new firmware for the battery plate,which in their words will make it 'fully compatible with all RED firmware builds 7.1 or newer.' My current camera firmware 7.0.1 So i downloaded 7.0.4 and tried to upgrade the camera firstly without the new WC firmware in the battery plate and then with the new WC firmware, but with no success. So i took the WC plate off and went out of the Dtap on my battery straight into the DC in on my DSMC2 base expander and still no success. It point blank refuses to update the camera firmware to anything newer than 7.0.1 Does anyone have any clues..?

just seen this on another thread - "Make sure you're hitting it with the Epic-W firmware and not the DSMC2 package (like I was doing)... Epic-W's are DSMC2 bodies but it looks like that file is for the newer cameras sold as "DSMC2". Done that & it works